STILL, THERE'S RED DWARF XI NEWS!!!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by "Christmas rubbish", May 2, 2015.

1. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

I wonder if this 'everyone becomes Kryten' is a bit of a 'troll' from the cast/Doug. The fact that its been referenced several times but more than one of them when usually everything is quite well guarded says to me it won't be quite what we expect, maybe just a brief dream/hallucination or perhaps we see Kryten has built himself some more spare heads and they are modelled on the other 3. I don't think it will be an episode about them all becoming Kryten.

Or maybe it won't happen at all.

2. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Looks like the Bazookoid is coming back

Richard Naylor @RichardDGNaylor
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Bazookoids, a (yet to be seen) new Starbug set and a Kryten mask that harks back to the series 5 and 6 days....I'm starting to get a bit more optimistic about series XI, Doug Naylor does seem to be taking on board some of the things the show lacking in it's later years. Hopefully this will be another step forward from series X.

4. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

I really hope not, but then I seem to be in the minority that thinks Identity Within would make for a pretty poor episode.

5. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

I hope the Starbug set is a dedicated set that looks like it used to, and isn't a re-dress of the "drive room" which could be done away with altogether and turned into a science room or something. I'm glad we are getting an improved looking Kryten mask, and a lot more "old school" things, whilst I liked parts of X, it seemed too far away from the glory years then we were used to, so making it feel much more like the old episodes is a welcome development.

Now, can we hope for some really good model shots of Starbug and not the awful single one we got in Trojan?

6. Slainmonkey

Well the Starbug shot was from the botched first model shoot from series X, so I imagine we will be getting new ones for the new series.

7. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

Imagine seeing Starbug starting up and flying out of Red Dwarf like we used to in S3/4/5. That would be fantastic seeing it in HD with really detailed models/sets.

8. Slainmonkey

One thing I've said back before Series X came out was that one thing I'd like to see from the new series was scenes of Starbug crashing, in an odd way that really became apart of the show.

9. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Catering Officer

Robert Llewellyn told someone on Twitter the first new series will be shown Autumn 2016 ...

10. Slainmonkey

I noticed something, they are going with is the same design as the series 7 Bazookoid MK2 except with a new more elongated barrel like it was in the MK1 in earlier seasons.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

I'm hoping the status of Cat's sex life (that's not something I ever wanted to type) is explored only as a minor detail in an episode - something that's brought up in conversation, like saying how even Rimmer's got more experience than him.

Cat is fine as a character - as he is (at least in my opinion). He is comic relief and useful in order to get plots moving. Even with that in mind, the show would be far, far worse without him.

12. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I like Cat's role, but while I don't see much need to add depth to the character, I would like a Cat centred episode. While I liked aspects of Identity Within I hope they come up with something original though. And leave out the silliness referencing Vulcans' pon far. By now Cat would be long dead or they would have resolved the issue in an off-screen mis-adventure*.

*Lister: Hey do you remember when Cat had his.. issue... and the only way we could resolve his issue was to reprogramme Rimmer's headlight drive changing Rimmer's...physical attributes so SHE could..

Cat and Lister (together:-( We are NOT talking about that!

13. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

I agree i don't want alot of jokes about the cats sex life just give us a fun story about the cat that doesn't need to go overboard with one idea like doug did with series 8 or totally dissect the cat personality or backstory like doug did with rimmers family in series 10

The charm of the cat is that he doesn't need to much depth, a story about finding the cat arks could be fun but we really don't don't need an episode where we find out something about the cat we never knew

14. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

Now that Seb's RED DWARF XI AND XII SPOILER POLICY is up, I've gone all gooey!!! Filming isn't too far away. Things are about to get really exciting!! :-D

15. Slainmonkey

I would imagine they will be lumped together so's they'd be able to do more with the budget. Something that no one has seemed to mention is the news that The Model Unit who handled the pop and model effects for Red Dwarf series I-VII will be returning in series XI and presumably XII. They are the ones who made the Bazookoid's that we saw pics of earlier.

16. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

I didn't even know they were not involved on series X and no idea why they were not but hopefully they will get more bang for their buck with them in series XI

17. Snow Cloud

Snow Cloud Console Officer

I would love if they could recreate the fly by of Red Dwarf for the closing credits that they attempted last time but couldnt do without the motion control camera.

18. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Indeed. This ship's about to get real! :-D

19. Slainmonkey

What I'm looking forward to is the post filming tidbits, I am particularly eager to see the new Starbug set that Doug spoke of.

20. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

Anyone want to give me a ticket? I'll buy you a Mars bar.