STILL, THERE'S RED DWARF XI NEWS!!!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Ant E, May 2, 2015.

1. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

2. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

It's a bit of an old style look. I hope that doesn't mean they couldn't even afford someone to knock up a shiny new modern looking logo. It leaves me fairly cold, but then, of all the reasons I watch Red Dwarf, the logo isn't amongst them.

3. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

It was a crap logo to start with. The Back to Earth one was so much better.

It's like during series X, why did they make the font all big and red for the episode titles?

Stop living in the past, man! Again, the big red letters looked crap to begin with.

4. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Actually I really didn't like the Back To Earth logo at all, the shiny effect looked like a really tacky photoshop job....I say this as an artist myself that the thing was not attractive at all. Hell even the X logo was just the normal series V+ logo with a gradient applied.

5. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

You're an artist?

6. Slainmonkey

Not that I plan to derail this topic to talk about myself, but yes. I am more on the cartoon side of things then say graphic design, but it's something I still have experience with. That's part of the why the BTE logo looked really tacky to me because I can see all the photoshop effects used on it.

I do like the oldschool touch to the new logo, though I admit I might be biased on it because it plays to the fact I'm deep down a nostalgist. Also it seems fitting metaphorically with what the show wants to do, trying become in touch again with the show's better years.....Back To Earth can hardly be called Red Dwarf's better years.

7. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

It's a nostalgic logo from 1989 to 1991 with series 3,4 and the first novel but all they really did was remove the ring around the logo for series 5 onwards so to a sense this is still a version of the logo so bringing it back doesn't feel all that strange to me, it's a nice surprise really

The BTE logo was obviously meant to feel like a movie logo and I actually quite liked the logo but I have a feeling that logo is strictly for BTE to make it feel filmic (as bad as BTE was)

8. Slainmonkey

That's not the only change, the font was changed from a sans-serif to a serif one.....Series XI has essentially reversed that change. Not that I have anything against said serif font, but I do enjoy the nostalgia factor of series XI logo.

9. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I love it!

10. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I love it!

11. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Will be good to see it back

12. Slainmonkey

The Starbug bet is one thing I'm looking forward to seeing the most, I was kinda hoping we would in series X and it's absence there really made it obvious that the budget was struggling. Having Starbug back full time will really help make it feel like a more complete Red Dwarf experience.

13. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

It appears that Ray Peacock will be returning as the live audience warm up. Thought he did a great job last time.

Clickety Bo!

14. jedshepherd

jedshepherd Console Officer

In a couple of weeks Daniela and I will be at the filming and we will definitely [redacted] the [redacted] with all the [redacted].

It's gonna be a [redacted] good time!

15. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

I'll be pleased to see the return of Starbug. I wouldn't have minded it's absence in Series X had it not been mentioned at all, but to mention it while never getting a proper look at it just seemed to highlight that the budget couldn't stretch to it. Does anyone know whether Doug had intended to include Starbug in the original scripts for Series X?

16. Presuming Ken

Presuming Ken Deck Sergeant

We need some nice people around here to balance things out. So welcome back, sir. You've been missed :-D

17. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

I'm nice. Mr nicey they call me.

18. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I'd like to add myself to the list of those people inordinately excited about the return of Starbug. I've always liked it a lot more than Blue Midget.

19. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I didn't think Holly all that funny in series 8, but there's some funny stuff in that scene!