STILL, THERE'S RED DWARF XI NEWS!!!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Ant the Dragon, May 2, 2015.

1. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Not yet, It is only 10am. The live episode will happen this evening...:roll:

2. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

I'm projecting a few hours into the future sim; imagining how it soon will be.

3. pad_ehh

pad_ehh Catering Officer

Looks more like a medi-bay than a science room. As long as we don't have the medi-bot back... *shudders*

4. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

I imagine Doug is very well aware of how unpopular that character was.

5. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

*sobs*

WHERE'S MY TICKET?!? WHERE'S MY ******* ******* ******* ****** ********** TICKET YOU *****?!?

... I hate you all.

On the other hand, looks like DJJ needs a shave. It can't be considered good Red Dwarf until Cat's there with a baby-smooth face, so I can be contented by that. Unless he has a shave. Until then, it's not Red Dwarf.

(puts fingers in ears and starts singing)

6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Nice mini glimpse at the new set. I agree with Paddy that this looks much more likely to be a medi-bay than a science room. I wish we could see a bit more of it, but then I really want to know as little as I can about series 11 and 12 before watching them - I just hope I can resist watching all the trailers next year as I had way too much of series 10 spoiled for me.

Also looks as if Craig Charles has put on a bit of weight since the last series.

7. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

I think we almost definitely will. Here's what I both suspect and hope might happen. With two series in the bag for 2016/2017 this leaves them plenty of time to work on the live stage show. Once that's out of the way (for the time being) they can head back into the studio in early 2018 to record series 13, just in time to keep the yearly run of new RD series' flowing. Episode 1 can premier on a special 30th anniversary Red Dwarf night.

I think some hardcore fans are thinking too small, while Doug is clearly thinking big. I see the show continuing for quite a while from this point on. What I think we have here is a new leash of life, rather than a build up to the end. :-D

8. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Nah. He'll run out of ideas.

9. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

It's not just a case of keeping the cast doing it though it's more whether Dave can get their act together and make another one before the cast get too old

Personally that's the only reason I think we are getting 2 back to back because they can't say for certain when another could be made and the thing about their age right now is that it's not just a case of whether its ok that they can still play the roles as they grow older it's whether or not you can make the show still feel fresh and youthful

10. Slainmonkey

Generally I find Doug often has the opposite problem and mashes too many ideas into a lot of episodes leaving them feeling a disjointed mess. Well with exception of his multiparters which are filled with padding......I guess his biggest issue comes with finding a balance with his materal, something I hope to see an improvement with in series xi.

11. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

Are we all basing this conversation on episodes we haven't seen yet or episodes we haven't seen yet?? :roll:

12. Slainmonkey

Yes we are speculating, you know that thing that most fan bases do before a new season airs.

13. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

Here is a non spoilery set report from gazpacho soup if anyone is interested

http://gazpacho-soup.com

Apparently starbugs new set design is a little different and does take a little while to get used too

14. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

Interesting about the redesign of Starbug. Perhaps utilising the colour green like Red Dwarf and Blue Midget have utilised red and blue?

15. Slainmonkey

I would have been surprised if it did look the same as it used to honestly. If there is one thing you have to be comfortable with about Red Dwarf at this point, it's that the sets change a great deal.

16. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

17. Ant the Dragon

Twat.

Pumpkinikki likes this.
  18. Ant the Dragon

Barking orders.
    Bossing people about.

All your hallmarks Mod Bluey. You horrible man!!!!

:lol: :lol::lol::mad:

Pumpkinikki likes this.
  19. Ant the Dragon

True

20. andyedge

andyedge First Technician

@Ant E WTAF?
    Obvs you are some kind of trolling idiot, but what the smeg are you on about in your last 3 posts above?