Studio audience ticket update

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by lostintv, Nov 14, 2011.

1. lostintv

lostintv Third Technician

Hi everyone,

Firstly, many apologies again for our website issues that blighted Friday afternoon's ticket launch. After an exciting build-up it really was the last thing that anyone wanted. I completely sympathise with people's frustration; many a time have I sat in front of my computer trying to book tickets for an event at launch time, then had the booking website break down under pressure and wonder to myself "Why on earth did they not prepare for the demand?" I promise that we had tried, but it clearly wasn't enough. Our servers simply couldn't take the strain and I'm so sorry for the frustration experienced during this time. Pre-launch, I had joked on Twitter that our servers would only be good enough for 'silicon heaven' after the ensuing rush - I had no idea just how much this would come back to haunt me.

To answer your enquiries, the situation now is that lots and lots of you have applied for tickets and we have a long list of people waiting to be confirmed. Please be patient with us, we are in the process of putting the applications into our system in the order they arrived with us. This is ordinarily very straightforward but our team are having to manually process the e-mail applications which can be a little time consuming.

We had not planned to send out the tickets immediately, in any case, as we are waiting for the final details of the ticket to be confirmed. I can't promise when we will be able to send these out, but I'm hoping to at least be able to confirm who has successfully got tickets over the next few days.

I'll endeavour to keep you posted with how this process is going. In the meantime, thanks again for your patience - fire away if you have any questions and I'll do my best to help.

Jay
    www.lostintv.com

2. ReflexReaction

ReflexReaction Third Technician

Thanks for the update.

I was absolutely gutted to have missed the studio ticket "application window". I dropped you an e-mail but I'm sure you're crazy busy trying to sort out allocation!

Any chance of special treatment for any poor souls like me that would give their soul to be in that audience?

PLEASE?! :-)

RR

3. lostintv

Sorry RR, the demand was so great that we really could have booked each show many, many times over. We will, however, be keeping an eye on cancellations/returns and allocate these to people on the waiting list.

4. IronMaid666

IronMaid666 Third Technician

Just a quick question. I'm on the waiting list for tickets, will you notify people that are on the waiting list if they don't get any tickets?

Thanks

5. kaytofu

kaytofu Skutter

Hi Matthew

How do you know that you are on the waiting list? Did you receive an e-mail telling you that?

Just curious as I haven't received anything to that effect and now I'm worried. This ticket business is too stressful!

Kay

6. IronMaid666

IronMaid666 Third Technician

Hi Kay

Yes I did get an email. I know the feeling. I was in tescos on Friday on my iPhone trying to apply with no luck. These things are never as simple as we want them to be!!

7. lostintv

Hi Matthew, if you're on the waiting list then it's a case of us reallocating those tickets that are cancelled or returned as-and-when this happens. We can't say how many we'll get - not too many given how popular they've been, I suspect - but this will be an ongoing process.

You'll get an e-mail at some point this week confirming that you're on the waiting list (once all the successful applicants are confirmed), but it's then unlikely that you'll be notified again unless we have some tickets for you.

8. gem5ie

gem5ie Catering Officer

I think I got in quite fast...
    *refreshes inbox*
    *crosses fingers*

9. kaytofu

kaytofu Skutter

I like to think that I got in quite fast. I was on the site at 2pm but it died almost instantly. As soon as I the Red Dwarf fan club retweeted Lost In TV's e-mail address as a valid way to book, I e-mailed them.

So I *hope* I was quick enough but you never know. There's always some one better, faster, stronger (as Daft Punk would say).

10. BozBoozy Christmas

BozBoozy Christmas Deck Sergeant

Me too. Sat in my kitchen getting quietly angry with the interweb. I don't know why I didn't just buy a potion from Gandalf the Master Wizard to sort things out.... :evil:

But I understand the difficulties they must have faced. I only hope I get an e-mail soon.....

11. karenbrown

karenbrown Skutter

Hello.

Really disappointed that despite trying the web all day(not easy with screaming toddler at my heels!) it was persistantly down. Then, when I was finally able to get in, I was too late, as it appears tickets have gone to those who emailed their applications, rather than the originally advertised method of using the website.

Having being an existing member of the Ticket website, I feel very let down by this. I am now on a waiting list only.

How will situations like this be handled, as unless you knew about the email option, you only had the website to keep trying with.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Disappointed fan:-( ( and I live 5 mins from the studio!!)

12. lostintv

Hi kab,

I do sympathise and reiterate my apologies for your frustration. When it was clear that the site was down, we decided it was best to accept e-mail applications rather than make people sit and wait for it to come back - we tried to let people know about this as soon as possible, both on our website front page and on our Twitter account.

All I can promise is that we'll keep a close eye on the waiting lists and reallocate any returned tickets fairly and swiftly. I can't be sure how many we'll get back but they'll be put right back in the hands of fans as soon as we get them.

13. Akkuze

Akkuze Skutter

I applied through the website and only had 3 dates to choose from. I'd guessed that meant the others had sold out but those remaining dates were still available. From reading here though it looks like that's not the case and will have to wait until everything has been sorted through before I find out? Ah well...

14. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

The choice of three dates gives you a better prospect than those of us who signed up to the waiting list after there were no dates....Good luck!

15. rocket_man

rocket_man Skutter

I understand it was probably very stressful, but with the webpage not loading the only way to have found out that you were accepting email applications was if someone was following on twitter and saw it.

I guess many (like myself) just didn't get that opportunity and had to wait till the web was back up and running (which may be too late as god knows how many emails you had got by then)

Fingers crossed I'm lucky

16. Andy0011

Andy0011 Skutter

I completely forgot to check the Red Dwarf website Friday even though I mentioned to a friend on Thursday night that there was meant to be some info posted at 11am regarding the new series but at about 3pm I got an email about the audience tickets so went straight to the site, followed the link, signed up and somehow was immediately presented with the date 'Friday 16th December' in the drop down box so booked 2 tickets.

I take it getting the option of a date increases my chances of getting a ticket but I really feel bad for all the others who had been checking the site from 2pm and only managed to get the option of the Waiting List.

17. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Jay out of interest from what email address will the notifications come from? I don't wanna lose anything in my spam filters.

18. lostintv

Hi Mark99, it was certainly announced on Twitter, but we also put up a holding message on the main www.lostintv.com site to invite people to send their applications via our e-mail address. It wasn't an ideal situation, but hopefully we managed to get the word out as much as possible.

Stephen - I'll be the one 'hitting the button', so to speak, so they'll all come from jay@lostintv.com.

19. lostintv

I actually came online to post some news, but then totally forgot to do so!

Confirmation messages will start going out tomorrow (late morning/early afternoon), so people will know one way or the other if they have tickets and for which date. The tickets themselves aren't quite ready but they will follow in due course (again, via e-mail). The important thing is that people will know from tomorrow whether or not to start making travel plans etc.

Thanks again for your patience!

20. ReflexReaction

ReflexReaction Third Technician

I just know I haven't got one :-(