Studio audience ticket update

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by lostintv, Nov 14, 2011.

1. TheGrid

TheGrid Skutter

Hi everyone. I'm doing this posting to give hope to those still on the "Waiting List".

On the day the Tickets were released, I thought I was successful as I had all 6 Dates still available on the Website. I choose a date, but a couple of days later I received the email from Lost in TV informing me that I had not been successful. I have to say I was not very happy!

At the beginning of last week though, I finally received the email I was waiting for. I've now got Tickets for this Friday. Yes!!!

I also have to say that I found the guys at Lost in TV very professional in dealing with my enquiries (both during the down-side when I had my Tickets "reallocated" and also during the up-side when I finally got the Tickets). A problem with the Tickets (their system thought I already had Tickets allocated) was fixed within 3 minutes via Twitter.

Can't wait for Friday!!!

2. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I'll keep my fingers crossed then!!

When I was first informed that I had not been allocated tickets, I was told I would automatically be placed onto the waiting list. However, when I log into Lost In TV it does not tell me that I'm on any waiting list (normally it would be listed under Future Bookings). I didn't want to put my name down for the recording again incase it reallocated me to the back of the list, so I hope I'm deffo still on the list somewhere. I emailed Lost In TV to ask for confirmation that I was on the waiting list, but I never got a reply from them. :?

I'll keep my fingers tightly crossed as tomorrow's recording is the only date I'll definitely be able to attend because of work (I might be able to do the Saturday one too, at a push, but all other dates are impossible for me.)

3. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Thanks Jo :-) This will be very helpfull. So much clearer than a certain not-so easy to read, rather grainy black and white map i recieved via email yesterday.

4. ReflexReaction

ReflexReaction Third Technician

Someone somewhere must have a single spare ticket for tomorrow? I WILL PROVIDE TEH BEERS!!! SMEG!!

5. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

This is an extremely helpful post :-) X

Also, will be interesting to find out what happens tonight with Craig and his appearance at Leeds a few hours later.

6. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

I'll be interested in this too, since I'm going to see him. His agent said he was definitely doing both, the venue's facebook page said he's Djing in his lister stuff as he's going straight from set, and he said on the radio he was definitely doing both. So he must be leaving early. Theres no other way really.

7. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

For your sake I hope it works out :-) As you were there last week you know how stuff they've shot beforehand whether it be complicated Vis FX shots or anything else that wouldnt be practical to shoot in front of an Audience would be shown in any of the Prerecords, I'm guessing that since they shot out of sequence last week they'll follow the same way this week-

PURELY SPECULATIVE OF COURSE.

Thus seeing Craig leaving in ample time to get to Leeds asap. Even if it was say ten whole minutes of prerecorded segments it would shave a slight bit of time off Craigs journey- I dont even want to think of how busy the roads will be a day or so before Christmas, but Craig wont disappoint :-)

8. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

Thanks :-) yeah I'm sure it'll work out somehow. Last week they filmed the scenes out of sequence and we watched a few prerecords on the monitors, so I can see how they could easily work around him leaving early. If thats what he does, and I can't see any other way around it. It'll be interesting to find out anyway. Its great that he's putting the effort in to do both! He's gonna be knackered lol.

I keep looking at the clock and thinking about where I was this time last week lol. I was proper excited by this time :-D

9. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

You're welcome :-) It may even be that stuff with him and the others will all be shot first, then any scenes between Chris and Robert or Chris, Robert and Danny or any other combinations shot whilst Craigs on his way and same with prerecord even if its an hours worth of stuff filmed without him needing to be there he'll still have a good chance at getting to Leeds nice and early.

But whatever happens we Dwarfers wont mind and nor will those awaiting him at his gig and will understand his commitment to both Fanbases.

I can well Imagine it. Bet you were on cloud nine :-)

10. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

He was on at 12.30 last night so was only half an hour late. I asked how long it took him and he said 2.5 hrs. So he must not have left early afterall. God knows how he's managed it in 2.5 hrs but he did somehow.

11. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

To quote a quote thats been used time and time again: "What a guy."

The 2.5 hours travelling time was estimated by quite a few in this thread so its Amazing, from what I saw on Twitter the recording finished a bit earlier last night.

What was he like to meet? But I'm glad you saw him at the scheduled time last night, that would have been marvellous.

12. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

Blue Midget?;-)

13. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

When I looked on google maps before I went down last week it said 3.5 hours, and the sat nav said 4 I think. It took us 4.5 to get there and 4 to get back but that was during the day so we got stuck in traffic a couple of times.

He's lovely to meet. I've actually lost track of how many times I've met him now. He was patient with me wanting a second photo after I had my eyes closed on the first one lol. I told him I'd been to the recording last week :-)

14. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Gosh, that would have been a fair old run for him/his driver :-)

This sounds so good, am glad to hear hes this cool too its nice when they are so lovely and accomodating :-)

15. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

Glad you had a good night Nicky, and that Craig wasn't too late :-). I think the filming finished slightly earlier than planned, although amoung all the excitement i completely lost track of the time to be honest, but maybe others can give a more presise time) Craig stayed right up until the end,..without saying too much it would've been near impossible for him to leave earlier for this particular episode.

It was certainly a great night over all, and i'm so excited for the future of Dwarf after seeing what i saw last night :-)

16. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

So now we're going into the main entrance.

"Thanks for booking tickets to see the brand new series of RED DWARF recording this Saturday evening at the Shepperton Studios.

If you are driving, there is free on-site parking for our audience open from 4.15pm. Please proceed directly to the main entrance at Shepperton Studios and you will be directed to the multi-storey car park. Please note that this is not the regular, 'back lot' car park that we have used previously this series - that is unavailable this week and so ALL audience members are instructed to check in at the main gates at the entrance of Shepperton Studios."

17. lostintv

lostintv Third Technician

Hi all,

Ticket-holders for Saturday's recording should have already received this information by now, but Shepperton Studios have asked us to instruct ALL audience members to proceed directly to the main entrance - not the back lot entrance as previously instructed. As I understand it these arrangements are for this week only and the change is due to another recording taking place on site.

So, to be clear, if you have a ticket for Saturday and are arriving by public/private transport or on foot, please go straight to the main entrance at Shepperton Studios. Security will direct drivers to the multi-storey car park, which is open from 4.15pm.

I had hoped to include Jo's excellent directions to the Back Lot entrance in our weekly e-mail reminder this week (which Andrew Ellard kindly sent me a link to), but it will have to wait until next week's show!

Let me know if I can help with anything else. Look forward to seeing ticket-holders on Saturday!

All the best,
    Jay, Lost in TV

18. lostintv

lostintv Third Technician

You were quicker than me, Richard! Just beat me to it.

19. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

lol, I like to be helpful and informative as and when I can :-)

20. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

He's after your job, watch out!! :twisted::P