Studio audience ticket update

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by lostintv, Nov 14, 2011.

1. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Without speculating too much, it maybe that he'll have to cancel because theres 175 miles from Middlesex to Leeds and Filming is scheduled to end at 10 at Shepperton and I doubt even if he was aboard Red Dwarf he'd get their that quickly...

So either he's going to have to cancel the gig - that ends at 3.

Or spend five hours or so under the very hot lights at Shepperton, get out of his costume and teleport to Leeds and be thoroughly knackered whilst doing his gig.

Orrr, ... And I very much doubt its the obvious but ominous third option.

Take your pick. :-)

EDIT: Yeah, so I've just phoned up the Wardrobe (the venue in Leeds) and asked if Craig was still going to be performing on the 23rd, the guy said "He is." and I said "But I understand that Craig will be Filming at Shepperton Studios for Red Dwarf?" *line goes quiet* "He starts at 12 so there'll be plenty of time."

He's going to have one heck of a busy night then... "What a guy." Oh, and you're welcome ;-)

2. Jo TORDFC

Jo TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

Hmm, well filming is due to finish at 10:30pm, it's a 3 1/2hr drive to the club. I suspect that even if his poor driver has his foot down all the way he's going to be a bit late... but then it wouldn't be Craig if he turned up on time ;-)

3. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

I wondered this as I have tickets to see him on 23rd which I'm really really looking forward to so I certainly hope he doesnt cancel!!! He also has a gig on 27th Jan, another filming date.

I just assumed that they would film Craig's scenes early and he'd just leave early, as he doesnt even go on until 12 when DJing, and he isnt necessarily going to be in every scene. And it really wouldnt matter if he turned up a bit late to the club, theres a band on first so I doubt anyone would be that bothered or even notice if he's late. The tickets for both of those gigs have been on sale for ages, and I doubt he would want to let hundreds of his listeners down two months running. Afterall, a hell of a lot of his listeners aren't Red Dwarf fans and are fans of him and funk and soul music, so probably wouldnt even be aware of Red Dwarf filming or care about it so would be pretty disappointed and have to be refunded the £13 each for tickets. Which I expect would be a big let down to the venue too, who advertise that he now has a monthly residence the last friday of every month. But then Red Dwarf would need to come first, so god knows :? Unless he has a private plane, then he could be back up here in an hour lol.

4. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Or a chopper!

5. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

As long as he doesn't confuse the A1(M) with the M1 again then leave an abusive voicemail on Danny's phone.

6. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

As long as he doesn't confuse the A1(M) with the M1 again then leave an abusive voicemail on Danny's phone.

7. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

I'm in no way complaining- I mean who would? But I thought filming was due to finish at 10? But hey, I dont really care if we've got an extra half hour then I'm glad to hear this.

All I know is that when I called up the venue they said he'd still be at the gig.

8. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

All I can tell you is that I did phone up the Wardrobe:

http://www.songkick.com/venues/71828-wardrobe

And the dude there said he'd be performing around 12:00, I said "But he's also going to be Filming at Shepperton Studios in Middlesex for Red Dwarf." he assured me that he'd be in leeds by 12.

Better Smeg Than Dead- I mean better his driver than anyone else. Also if it does take his driver 1 1/2 hours as has already been stated in this thread does that also count for traffic lights, and anything else along the way?

Anyways, feel more than free to phone up the Wardrobe and ask him yourself, I've got a feeling quite a few people will be calling up there lol.

9. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

Could be that all the scenes with craig in will be shot first and the scenes that have no craig in shot later in the day allowing him to leave early. Maybe ?

10. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

Thats what I was thinking. I'm sure they'll accommodate his other commitments somehow.

11. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Thats an interesting formula, but they shoot in sequence, then playing on the monitors overhead the prerecorded stuff from earlier.

I realise this may start a bit of a debate here so am going to be very careful with my wording.

To see the show we are in essence seeing the cast perform live, thats what makes it so dynamic, and I know that if I was attending the 23rd recording there would be part of me that would feel somewhat weird if only Chris, Bobby and Danny were on the Studio floor, its all about the ensemble and this is why I'm hoping for those whom attend that Craig will be there in the alloted space of Filming.

12. potatojunkie

potatojunkie First Technician

To put a different spin on things, could it be that the 10pm finish time is an estimate (the time that the studio is booked until allowing for re-takes etc) and the "actual" filming could MAYBE finish slightly earlier if all goes well with not too many Smeg Ups? I'm not too sure about Craig leaving early. Lister is pretty much the main character, so he's bound to be in almost every scene. #justsaying

13. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

I must admit, I'd be slightly disappointed if he left early on the date I was going. As, like you say, you want to see the whole cast. I didnt realise they shot in sequence though.

14. Jo TORDFC

Jo TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

It's 3 1/2 hrs and no, that doesn't take traffic into account. :? Yeah, think it says 10pm on the news article, can't work out where I've got 10:30pm from... either way he's going to have to leave early!

15. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

"Change of plan...LEG IIIIIIIIIITTTTT!!"

16. RedDwarffan2982

RedDwarffan2982 First Technician

I got an email two hours ago saying my application on the waiting list was successful and they had both december dates avalible so I was given a private link and now I have to wait to get my application approved. So nervous hope it goes through. Also I believe I read somewhere that if you have a ticket you have a seat, can someone confirm that for me?

17. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

Yes, they have sent out as many tickets as they have seats.

18. RedDwarffan2982

Thanks for letting me know can't wait I just got the etickets!!!!

19. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Congratulations :-)It's nice to hear of waiting list success stories.

20. RedDwarffan2982

Thanks very much, I am looking forward to it, literally was shaking when I sent the texts to my guests!