Studio audience ticket update

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by lostintv, Nov 14, 2011.

1. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

oh i do apologize, please do have a big detailed review about seating when you get back ;-)

2. supercat

supercat Console Officer

I don't do detailed!

3. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

:shock:

4. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

I dont know if ANYONE is in or can get to Shepperton seriously quickly but:

DougRDNaylor: 20 Free Tickets due to traffic problems. First come first serve!!

5. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

enter quite a few bitter fans

6. potatojunkie

potatojunkie First Technician

Posting that tweet could well end up being a big mistake. In the next few weeks, I can see there being hordes of people without tickets turning up at Shepperton in the hope of the same thing happening again!!

7. gem5ie

gem5ie Catering Officer

My thoughts exactly!!

8. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Smeg! I didnt think of that. :-(

9. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I must admit, I'm considering being one of them :?

10. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

For those interested and got lost yesterday I took the liberty of talking to Lost In Tv earlier and from now on directions to the right entrance for Shepperton and the map Shepperton provides will be emailed out much sooner.

11. SmegEd

SmegEd Skutter

With the fact that 20 tickets were available for the 1st recording due to traffic/cancellations, I'm thinking of heading up to Shepperton this Friday with the slim but hopeful chances of getting an audience ticket, should the same happen again I'm off work anyway so all I'd really lose is a train fare and my own free time. Worth it though if I get the opportunity to red RDX recorded! Does anyone know which is the nearest station to get to the studios, and what time the doors open?

12. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

Just so long as you don't go actually into Shepperton Studios and wait for some indication on twitter or Facebook that places are available. You are risking causing a problem if you arrive at the studio without a ticket.

13. SmegEd

SmegEd Skutter

Thanks for the reply, I understand I'd have to wait until they say themselves after everyone with tickets has entered, I just gotta decide if I 'm willing to take the chance. Coming from watford by train would take around 2 hours, as much as I wanna see 'Dwarf, I don't know if I could be happy coming all the day and getting turned down. Hmmmmmm, thinking mode engaged.......

14. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

I've got to say, if anything's going to jeopardise the chances of there being an audience for any possible future series, it would be Shepperton becoming besieged by people turning up in the hopes that they might get in. If anything, I'd suggest it might even jeopardise there being an audience on the later dates of THIS series, if Shepperton's security are made to feel like the show is actively causing a problem! There is nowhere to wait around outside the gates - you certainly wouldn't be allowed to do so by security, just as you wouldn't be allowed to hang around any major movie studio in that way - so it's not as if you can turn up to wait and see if all the ticket-holders turn up.

I have a feeling Doug's tweet was aimed at people who might have happened to be close by in the vicinity, as there were specific weather/travel problems that meant not everyone actually made it in time (he did say it was "Due to traffic problems" in his tweet - for all we know, it might have been the tickets that were held by people he himself knew/had invited). I don't think it should be taken as an indication that this will be the case for any future dates, and I certainly don't think it was intended to encourage ticketless people to journey to Shepperton (which is a small and out-of-the-way town).

It's not my place to tell you what to do with your Friday afternoons, but I can't stress enough that I think coming anywhere near the studios without a ticket is a bad, and potentially very disruptive, idea.

15. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

It's a difficult one this. I'm sure Doug is aware of any repercussions a tweet for free tickets on the day.
    I think he probably meant for local people in the area rather than miles away. I think if this does happen again, which it may not.
    It's worth thinking about the disappointment first, can you afford to be turned away, can you afford to travel that distance and still not get in.

I would not stand by the gates, as this could cause an added security risk. If anyone is thinking of doing this on the chance of a tweet, then I would wait in Shepperton village, it's only a short taxi drive away.

But first of all I would wait for any official news on ticket availability.

16. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

I was writing that while you were Seb!

Listen to Seb.

17. SmegEd

SmegEd Skutter

And that's why you're the new head admin guy for this site!;-) I'll take your words of advice and will scrap my idea of coming to Shepperton with no ticket. I'd hate to p*iss the studios off by lingering about, and potentially ruining any chances of future audience recordings.
    I'm on the waiting list anyway, so I'm happy enough with the fact that should any chance I get offered late notice tickets for this week, I'll have no problem accepoting them :-D

18. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I must admit, after Doug's tweet I was very tempted to travel down to Shepperton in the hopes of any spare tickets. I was going to sit in the nearest pub and wait. But the more I think about it, the less likely I think that will happen again so I'll probably not attempt it. As disappointed as I am to not be in the recordings, I'm just happy they're making more Dwarf and I can just about cope until Autumn 2012 to see them :P

19. ThomasL

ThomasL Skutter

Hey guys, sorry to anyone who didnt manage to get tickets :/ im sure the amazing tv show will make up for it in some way :-) i just wondered to anyone whose already been to the filimng or anyone with any information,would be able to tell em if there would be an interval during the filming and if i would be aloud to leave to use the lavatory (this is due to medial problems) many thanks

20. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

I did see a comment from somebody who was there last friday stating that it was 4 hours WITHOUT a toilet break. She advised to use the bathroom first. Which, for a medical condition, isn't very good news.