Submit your voice

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by Nikki the Great, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

These people want your voice donations to help them with their voice recognition technology

https://voice.mozilla.org/

.....and I've been happily submitting recordings, replacing certain words with Tex Rimmer or Neil Old when it's about chairs etc.

I am so smart.

Pembers, BozBoo, Abe and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

I liked when you said Tex Rimmer

Nikki the Great and Abe like this.
  3. Nikki the Great

I said it a lot. Just saying, if we get an influx of newbies, it's down to my amazing work.

Cloud likes this.
  4. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

@Nikki the Great I love you, I hope you know that. I've stuck by you and stuck up FOR you when I was here the first time and since I've been back. But if what you are saying is true, I have to disagree with you about what you are doing. Voice recognition as it applies to personal computers helps a lot of disabled people. Sure, some of it will be used for frivolous endeavors but a big percentage is used by paraplegic's and others with disabilities to communicate with the world. For some its the ONLY way they can communicate. I know they will probably just throw your "Tex Rimmers" and "Neil Olds" out of the database but still ............ what you're doing could potentially really be of value to someone and to squander your and Mozillas time with "Tex Rimmer" jokes .................

I hope you don't stay mad at me for long for saying this, you're one of my very favorite people here and it just saddened me to see what you wrote. I can only hope you're joking. Again, please don't be mad at me for long.

5. Nikki the Great

Well the worst that'll happen is somebody says neilold and it types "anal chair".

PS I would be highly amused if they used a recording of my voice in this manner.

PPS check the actual website out! It's probably not what you think.

BigOleDummy likes this.