Suggested spoiler..

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by notterry, Apr 10, 2009.

1. notterry

notterry Skutter

Two random thoughts...

9 years later it begins with Lister at a grave, speaking fondly, pulls back to reveal it's Rimmers. - first joke.

When they hurt the squid they are all splashed with ink, this is the mind altering substance which leads them to think they are a TV show?

Not long now!

2. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

Bit random if they are basically recycling the exact same plot as Back To Reality?

3. Keir_FTGL_Shiels

Keir_FTGL_Shiels Catering Officer

Am I the only person who thinks that "Spoiler" and "suggestion" are two different concepts? You can't have a suggested spoiler.

"I think there will be another series" isn't a spoiler.

"I think the crew are hallucinating" isn't a spoiler

"The show contains the joke: Step up to red alert...... Are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb" IS a spoiler. Because it's a FACT that may spoil the sponteneity of the show.

I may come over as a vovabulary-obsessed pedant, but I have a very specific reason: Suggestions, ideas and debates are interesting threads that many people will want to get involved with. If people keep calling suggestions and opinions "Spoilers", people who don't want their viewing SPOILED will avoid these threads and not get involved.

I'm not trying to correct people's English out of snobbery or spite; but this careless bandying around of the word "spoiler" may well be putting a lot of people off.

4. notterry

notterry Skutter

Sorry, Keir Shiels! :-) I'm as excited as everyone else, and just randomly had those two thoughts... both give away some aspects of the story, be it as basic as the squid being present and ink getting on them, or having Lister near a grave with Rimmer's photos.

I wouldn't want to spoil anyones BTE experience, and so put the spoiler in the title.

'Your' right, of course, about the correct use of English - a better title for this thread would be 'two weak ideas that may contain some small element of the story you may or may not want to know'.... but then again, for my first post to be read it's always good to have a bit of spin by adding the word spoiler in it? At least people read it then!

All about the marketing!

But, yeah, sorry! :-)

PS:
    Spoiler Scroll Down

I think there will be a new series!