suspicious

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by Tex Rimmer MUST return, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Tex Rimmer MUST return

Tex Rimmer MUST return Flight Co-Ordinator

@Tex_Rimmer must return
    and @kry102001 must supply me with one of his official @kry102001 shirts.

also where is Billy Salt?

The new star wars movies are boring. All those Marvel movies are the same thing over and over again.

Twitter is the cancer of the internet.

Mike Rolls MUST post us with episode 3 of his life

@Bluey must post erotic photos of himself

@Ant E MUST confirm is he is chinese

@Underdunn Must meet his hero Derren Brown

@Pembers must become a football.

I want answers @Simonr1978

@SgtSmileyUK Must reveal the secrets of his keyhole umbrella

I hate horses

Limp Bizkit are the best band in the whole world

@Nikki the Great cant wear shorts cause of the cold weather

are armpit moles sexy?

Harry must reveal the secrets of his last of the summer wine outfit.

Has a previous member of the forum made love to a kermit the frog doll? the answer MAY surprise you.

bring back @Tex_Rimmer

this has been the world according to cloud

@neilold is terrible

Simonr1978 and Nicoca-cola Truck like this.
  2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

There's more chance of Simulant returning.

3. Underdunn Turkey

Underdunn Turkey Console Officer

Done.

I’ve met Derren Brown, kind of.

4. Tex Rimmer MUST return

Tex Rimmer MUST return Flight Co-Ordinator

do tell

5. Nicoca-cola Truck

Nicoca-cola Truck Flight Co-Ordinator

Was it in hologram form? Cos me too :sulk:

6. Underdunn Turkey

I’ve told this haven’t I? I was a ‘zombie’ in his ‘apocalypse’ special.

Nicoca-cola Truck likes this.
  7. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I remember that programme. It was pretty entertaining and one of the better Derren Brown specials.

Underdunn Turkey likes this.
  8. Nicoca-cola Truck

No?

9. Underdunn Turkey

Copied from a Facebook post I did years ago.

Derren Brown Apocalypse

I decided to write this for anyone who wanted a bit more detail on exactly how I got involved, what went on and my thoughts on the legitimacy of the project.

It started about 6 months ago, he sent out a tweet saying something like ‘If you would like to be a part of my latest project apply here…’ which I did, it was mostly just entering contact details but it also asked about your best and worst character traits and your fears.

I received a call about a week later, from the Derren Brown team, and the guy asked me a bit more about my negative traits (I said I was lazy, greedy and my own worst enemy) and my fears (ventriloquist dummies) and asked me to attend the first stage in London that Sunday.

This was the bit you saw briefly on TV, me looking around etc. It lasted a good 3 hours I would say, it began by a guy (known to Derren) trying different hypnotic techniques on the room as a whole and seeing who was more susceptible, the final one was trying to lock everyones hands together (you had to put them together as if doing a volleyball serve and he was saying how they are moulding together like steel blah blah) it worked on about 20 people or so better than others (there were about 100 there) and they split the room in two, those it did work on and those it didn’t.

Those it didn’t basically became the audience, as he tried other hypnosis on the others. Stunts included finding an article about morale amongst teaches falling being the funniest thing they have ever heard, playing ‘singing in the rain’ and having them all dance and sing along and at one point he told them when he rings a bell they will see killer penguins flying above the hall and they had to shoot them down using the umbrellas (previously used for the singing in the rain bit)

It was this bit that Steven, the guy eventually chosen, really got noticed, he was VERY aggressive and vocal in his ‘protecting’ us, including jumping on a chair between me and another girl and physically shoving our heads down.

After it ended I spoke with him briefly asking if he remembered the penguins and he said he sort of did but he seemed a bit bewildered.
    Anyway, I went home, heard nothing more and forgot about it. We were given no more information about what the project entailed, Derren was apparently away on tour and I don’t think that shot of him apparently watching from behind a tree was real.

3 months later I received a call from the Derren Brown team again, asking if I wanted to be a part of the latest show, I agreed, thinking it was something brand new. They needed us in central London that Sunday for 6am (ouch) they said they couldn’t say anything but we would be on a bus and taken to a secret location. This was not the bus he was on where the ‘meteor attack’ took place, this was all on the final day.

They filled us in on what was going on gradually through the day. We worked out ourselves that everyone there had been at the hyponosis thing. We were given simple instructions and assisted on how to behave by the 7 or 8 ‘infected’ actors you saw early on, when they went looking for the radio and found Ian.

We spent the day getting ‘made up’ which was basically them spraying fake mud and blood on us, and practising how to be ‘infected’ there was stage 1 (basically catatonic) and stage 2 (distressed, help me, go mental)

We then very silently (bear in mind we were on the same compound as him) went through our paces, we had position 1 and position 2.

This is where it gets interesting Position 1 was where you saw everyone going mad outside when the helicopter landed, this all went to plan. Then there was a cockup.

He was supposed to distract us so Ian and Leona could run through and to the copter. However she was supposed to duck into a little room so when Steven got there she wasn’t there and he had to decide to save himself or go back for her. He would then run back through us (now in position 2 inside the gate) and back to her.

However she couuldn’t get the door open so he saw her go in and hence wouldn’t leave.

Ian then came back for Steven (ruining his ‘selfish’ angle) and after speaking with Leona Steven ran and got on the chopper and left. What was said I don’t know, perhaps he said he’d get them to land inside the gates. The running back through didn’t happen, look at the footage you don’t see his face. He left on the copter so the conversation he was supposed to have with Ian must have been re-done later. The walking to Wales bit and getting the phone call must have been re-done as he had gone.

When we got back on the bus some people expressed concerns about what they were doing to him and they said he was now with his family having a party and was in great spirits that again doesn’t tally with what was shown on telly.

Now do I feel it was legit? I don’t think he was an actor. There was way too much that went on in the selection process which would just have been to convince me and about 99 other people that he wasn’t, that wouldn’t make sense. Likewise the way we had to silently move around and the cocked up finish would also suggest it was real. I’m positive though AFTER he was let in on it some stuff was re-shot.

It was a great day and we were treated very well by the producers, we were well fed and looked after and I’m glad I did it.

I didn’t get to chat 1 on 1 with Derren but he came out and addressed us all as a group a few times, he’s quite small in person.

Bluey and Nicoca-cola Truck like this.
  10. Nicoca-cola Truck

Was he shorter than your willbert?

11. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

Yeah? Well I’ve turned into a football :mad:

12. A GREAT BIG CHRISTMAS BLOW OFF

A GREAT BIG CHRISTMAS BLOW OFF Supply Officer

Jesus existed, as it is historically documented that a man by the name of whatever Jesus's actual name was (Jesus is the English version of the name), who was tried and crucified for treason because he claimed to be the king of the Jews and the son of God. Now, whether or not he was the son of God, whether he turned water into wine, or just wine into yellow water, that is yours to claim to believe or not believe. To believe that he never existed is to claim not to believe in Julius Caesar, because they both have the same evidence for their existence. I also believe, but I am unsure about this, that there must be documentation of his birth as Mary and Joseph had to go to Bethlehem in order to sign a record thing. Further to this, historians both Christian and Atheist (and just to conform to nanny-state PC existence; possibly people of other faiths) believe that they can trace every main figure in the bible back to Abraham. There is always one person who tries to discredit this by saying "no there isn't" and when that person raises their head, I will get onto my friend, who is not a guy you ever want to go for a pint with, who has a PhD in theology and get him to give me the links to the evidence for me to copy and paste for your viewing pleasure and to activate my smirk mode.

I recon the episode will have them teaching him magic tricks or something like that, would be funny if they recount to him stories of Derren Brown or David Blaine.

13. Baby Jesus

Baby Jesus Console Officer

Baby Jesus gives xboxes here.

14. Underdunn

Underdunn Deck Sergeant

None of this happened to me.
    ffs @pembers