Teaser Trailer?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by simulant37, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Cheesy how? I mean it didn't show him saying anything, and to be honest his new consume doesn't have the same cheap look it had in BTE and his hair wasn't bad looking like in BTE

2. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

Looking good. And I'm absolutely LOVING the look of the model footage.

3. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

But he did have a funny reaction to being told he had been gambled away in a poker game.

4. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Will you just stop. Please? Mama needs a happy place. You are killing it.[/quote]
    Killing what?!?

Anyway, it appears that Lister's kids are gonna turn up. Well he's got a Father's Day card.

5. Smegerama

Smegerama Supply Officer

Either that or he sent it to himself.

6. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

il be honest im not 100% sure how i feel about that trailer, krytens joke seemed abit forced but that may be because its out of context, but i did like cats old school sharp tongue

7. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

I thought the trailer was great and it seems very old-skool Red Dwarf!

The ship looks great, and it's a surprise to see Blue Midget (even if it is the new midget). Is Blue Midget CGI or a model?

Kryten's nose doesn't bother me, it's more his neck like. I can see too much of the back of his neck. I'm sure I'll quickly get used to that though.

Yes, I'm very happy and very excited for October!!! :-D

8. Slainmonkey

The thing is with Red Dwarf, it has always worked best in context....infact much of the show relies on context and that's something clips on youtube have shown me a lot. There have been a number of times I've seem clips that seem a lot less funny then when I watch them within the confines of the episode.

9. Pecospete666

Pecospete666 Catering Officer

Robert Llewellyn (@bobbyllew)
    7/20/12 11:28 AM
    The mask is taken from a new mould, it's a redesign, it's a streamlined beta nose, it's cutting edge nasal geometry.

Looks like DATA a little. TOFRAC's Screen shots

10. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

It's a model.

11. Slainmonkey

Just very clear digital green screening

12. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

i admit the model shots took me by suprise as i was expecting something quite different but hey its still better then CGI

13. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

I remember why I don't bother coming here anymore!
    You're so arrogant to assume your opinion is more valued than the minority who don't agree eith you! For you to also assume I'm someone else is ridiculous Bluey! Go outside a bit more and meet some new people - you might find opinions a bit scary!! Ps new series looks great!!

14. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

I remember why I don't bother coming here anymore!
    You're so arrogant to assume your opinion is more valued than the minority who don't agree eith you! For you to also assume I'm someone else is ridiculous Bluey! Go outside a bit more and meet some new people - you might find opinions a bit scary!! Ps new series looks great!!

15. SpaceCorpsDirective

SpaceCorpsDirective Skutter

First off, hi everybody! First time poster, long time reader so be merciful!

Anyway, I loved the teaser! :-D Going off this I think RDX will be a great series, at least on par with the first six series.

The models look great and I'm happy not to see any pencil-shaped Red Dwarf, the production guys did a good job cutting it down to size! I didn't expect to see Blue Midget at all and I guess it's sort of a return to basics but if I see it sprouting legs and dancing I'll probably flip my lid! :x
    Great to see the Cat acting more like Series I & II Cat but keeping the same wit from S3-6, perfect mix in my opinion!
    Kryten's nose looks a little off but I don't think it'll matter too much when RDX is on.

16. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

I don't get stimulant.

Anyway, trailer looks good. I'm happy.

17. Slainmonkey

It's called a joke, I mean when I tease Simulant37 I don't mean harm, he'll just pull a few angry faces and then things are business as usual, I really don't see why there is such a need to take things to heart. However, who am I to tell you how you should feel?

18. snodgrass

snodgrass Third Technician

Excellent stuff. Looks like the Red Dwarf we all know and love from series 1-6, just a bit wrinklier and jowlier!

19. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

I've a lot of faith Doug naylor, intelligent gifted writer. He knows what he's doing.