The Aigburth Arms communal dream diary

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by jmc2000, Oct 9, 2017.

1. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

How about we post our dreams in here when we wake up? I love reading about dreams.

The thread rules are:

- No saucy stuff, thank you very much;
    - No made-up dreams. Every time I've seen someone do a dreams thread on another forum, people post dreams that are clearly made up, to try to seem quirky or cool. Only real dreams are allowed.

I'll return to post tomorrow, if I remember anything!

2. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I don't remember my dream from last night at the moment. Recently I keep having a reaccuring dream that my parents renovate and move into the incomplete section of downstairs of my house.

3. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

I can only really remember bits of it:
    Something about having to get a replacement bus instead of a train somewhere, so I just decided to wait for the next train and be late cos I didn't like the look of the bus.

Something to do with the tide coming in somewhere and I was really concerned about saving these biscuits as I thought everyone would be mad at me if I didn't.

And something to do with this place I used to sometimes hang out in as a kid being turned into a rainforest. This one actually comes up often, but just as a sort of feature.

Abe and jmc2000 like this.
  4. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

Great dreams Nikki!

I had a really amazing one where I thought, wow, everyone will think I made this up. And then forgot what it was. Better luck tomorrow, hopefully.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    Abe and BigOleDummy like this.
  5. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I think I was playing Guild Wars 2 in my sleep. Kept trying to get up to really high places on these weird cliffs that were surronding everything by jumping and gliding.

Abe, BigOleDummy and jmc2000 like this.
  6. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    Man....... you got it bad! Dreamed about that durn Boss Devil Dog in The Witcher before. Took me forever to get past it!!!

Nothing dream-wise last night for me.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  7. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

I'll let you know if I remember anything. Lately, I can't remember a thing - as soon as that alarm clock goes off: bam! :picard:

Years ago, I had what I thought was the weirdest dream... :eek:

BigOleDummy likes this.
  8. BigOleDummy

It must have been exceedingly "weird" for you to remember it for this long! Details! :-D;-):-)

9. BigOleDummy

Another non dream night or at least non remembered dream night for me.

10. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I barely have anything memorable anymore except for a certain Red Dwarf dream last monthish. However, I do have a couple dreams from when I was young that were extremely iconic.

This one night, with my parents trying to sleep, I just simply would not keep waking up screaming, crying, yelling for help, and all-around generally being loud and panicky. In the morning, my mother came to me, and asked what had kept me up, had I had a bad dream, what was scaring me? In response, I simply narrowed my eyes and said,

"THE TRAPEZOID."

jmc2000 likes this.
  11. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

Dreamt I was playing a multiplayer version of a top-down, 8-bit-looking fantasy RPG with the chat gang. Got annoyed because I moved my character but accidentally pressed "end go" instead of attacking. Then @Shroud took some of my health points and I woke up.

Nikki the Great likes this.
  12. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

I was queuing at a McDonald's late at night. It was very busy and there was a queue going out the door. A group of immigrants started getting argy-bargy with me because they had heard me say my password when buying my McDonald's, and were irate because my password was "Foreign Guy" which they took to be xenophobic. I explained that my password is actually "419". Then I got my McDonald's and took it up a giant totem pole that went really far into the sky. I was eating it up in a sort of tree house. A spider dropped down into my scarf and I crooked my neck in a way that it was trapped and couldn't bite me, but what was I going to do to get it out. It didn't occur to me to put down my McDonald's. Then my mum rang my mobile phone and when I looked back up I was in an apartment where everything was covered in ice and Brian Blessed was talking about Antarctica.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Abe likes this.
  13. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

That sounds like something I would do.

I don't think I have had any dreams the past few nights. At least not any I can remember

Nikki the Great and Abe like this.
  14. BigOleDummy

Spoken like a true gourmet! Or a true American................................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

15. Kittypaws

To everyone else it probably wouldn't be weird, but it did put the wind up me... I was just an observer in this old Gothic mansion, Count Dracula type (only I'd never seen or heard of him or the mansion in those days - never seen any movies). In one room was a 5 year old boy doing something like homework. Off to the side, on the right, was an open door area, quite literally no door, just loads of red, yellow, green, blue and orange vertical streamers, and beyond that was the sound of machinery. The little boy looked up at the sound, put down his homework and got up. I saw him go towards the sound. A moment later, he went through the streamers and... that's when I woke up. I never had the dream again, and I never found out what happened to the boy.

Abe and BigOleDummy like this.
  16. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

I had lots of dreams last night like trying to walk up to a light house on a cliff near a beach and coming across roudy kids and never getting to the top or seeing the ocean. A random two bedroom house that my parents decided to buy for some reason that was tiny but it had a sauna that was bigger then the rest of the house (I think the sauna part was a cause of how hot it was last night) and pretty weekend markets in the middle of the street with cars still trying to drive through. The dreams were not in this order, I can't remeber the exact order everything went because most of them tied in somehow until I started forgetting the in between parts after I woke up.

The dream that stood out the most last night was the one where I owned a train and with two carriages that I was living in and the world I was living in was a dystopian type world. All reds and crumbling like a mix between Fallout and Mad Max. I was looking for a fairy who had magic trail track powers to make new tempory tracks so I could continue moving my train since the train tracks were all decaying and falling apart. I found the fairy in a cave and she was the size of a human and I was trying to convince her to join me on my travelles and that the cave my train stopped in was to dangerous for us to both stay in. She ended up joining me and I don't remember what we did after she started magicing tracks to keep moving.

Kittypaws and Abe like this.
  17. BigOleDummy

Actually I think these kind of dreams are some of the scariest. Nothing definitely, overtly scary or even particularly "horrible" but just a building sense of .......gloom ....an offness for want of a better word. Add to that the fact of having no resolution to the mystery and I can see why this stuck with you!

Abe and Kittypaws like this.
  18. Kittypaws

@BigOleMummy - exactly. Roughly 35 years later, I'm still wondering...

BigOleDummy likes this.
  19. BigOleDummy

Yes indeed. In fact two of the scariest movies I ever saw "Rosemary's Baby" and "1408" are relatively bloodless and depend more on ....... impending unpleasantness for their fear factor. Especially Rosemary's Baby! I do admit to not watching it much but not entirely because that. I just a little "guilty" watching anything by Roman Polanski.

20. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

I dunno why, but it seemed everyone was being evacuated from this city. I wasn't panicked, more annoyed, and was doing things like rushing to eat at a cafe, buying/stealing a load of clothes and using the public toilets, but having a hard time finding any toilet roll that hadn't been used already...eww.

There was one detail I do remember quite clearly, and that was something about people not knowing who Bruce Forsythe was. So I was googling on my phone for a pic of him, but nothing was coming up, so I just sort of wondered if he'd ever even existed.