The Countdown to Series X Thread

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Presuming Ken, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Presuming Ken

Presuming Ken Deck Sergeant

We don't have a broadcast date for the first epsiode of course, but what are you doing during this time of waiting? And indeed, what will you be doing as we get closer to the first broadcast?

I'm waiting for that transmission announcement (I know it's many months away) but have checked Doug's Tweets a few times as well as BobbyLew's.

And just generally watching Red Dwarf DVDs as and when. And so excited...

So, as we get closer, tell us what you're up to during the countdown to Series X

2. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Richard Naylor:
    Finished fine cut of RDX Show 1. Up there as one of RD's best in my humble opinion.

3. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

As I said elsewhere, I'm slowly making my way through two series I've neglected a bit in recent years: series 3 and 4. After those I'm going to watch various other episodes at random until the new series arrives.

4. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

I started watching the my entire DVD collection of Red Dwarf at work as it's really slow there at the moment, I expect to get through the lot in about 3 weeks. I'm off to the Isle of Man TT races for another 2 weeks and a few other plans should bring me nicely around to when RDX airs :-D

5. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

hopefully we will get a publicity photo soon ;-)

6. supercat

supercat Console Officer

It has already been 4 months since the ticket sales were announced. Six months is likely to pass in no time. And I'm very much looking forward to the summer, which always comes and goes in a blink of an eye, unfortunately.

7. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Just doing all my other stuff & getting on with life...

8. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

Catching up on a whole host of TV shows I never got around to. Recently starting (or abouts to start) Black Books, Father Ted, Smallville, 24, Classic Doctor Who (just completed the Hartnell era), The Sheild etc....

As well as keeping up with shows I have recently caught up with. Todd And The Book Of Pure Evil, Dexter, Breaking Bad....and many more....

So much TV and so little time to watch it all in....

9. yeckel

yeckel Console Officer

I will be so happy when Series X is finally herein the US and available to purchase. Mr. Y. has had full excuse to take over control of the TV and it almost always involves Top Gear. Save me, Mr. Naylor! Edit faster?! ;-)

10. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

I'm gonna be working my way through the series over the next few months too. Can't wait!!

11. sundayforsammy

Ahh ! Does that mean when we in England get RDX on the telly (hopefully about August), that there might be a longer wait in the US before you see it? If so you could always buy the UK release of the dvd if that turns out to be released before the show airs on USA telly.

Edited for spelling errors.

12. yeckel

yeckel Console Officer

It depends on the show. Since I haven't heard anything about a US release date, I'm assuming we will be getting it later. Buying the UK release is an excellent idea! Unfortunately, I'll be avoiding this website after it is released in the UK. I want to be surprised when I see it for the first time.

:?....I wonder if I'll get withdrawal headaches?

13. Maza365

Maza365 Skutter

Or you can just watch it on one of those websites that show UK terrestrial TV live and enjoy it the same night as UK viewers when it's finally released here.

14. yeckel

yeckel Console Officer

A website such as....(web address)? ;-)

15. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

Ooooh! *jumps up and down with excitement* I've just realised I'll get to series series X as it's broadcast rather than having to wait for the DVD like I did with Back to Earth, hooray! :-D

16. sundayforsammy

Now that is worth moving back to the UK for. :-D

17. yeckel

yeckel Console Officer

Yeah, yeah, rub it in why don't you!? :-) .....

18. sundayforsammy

Hmm. A six week vacation to the UK at the time RDX airs, Now that would be something. :-D

19. yeckel

yeckel Console Officer

Yes, that would be something! I happen to have three lottery tickets. It is my once a quarter excuse to daydream about traveling the world while secretly surprising those in need with gifts of basic needs/bill payment. Six weeks in the UK could easily be included in that fantasy. A visit for the next dimension jump was already in there!

See what I did there? Helping those in need is also my justification for being selfish and spending ridiculous amounts of money on travel. :? I am human after all. :roll:

20. M_Ronnie

M_Ronnie Skutter

"...the biggest indication we can give you of its content is this: it's Red Dwarf. Gloriously, and entirely. And it's funny – really funny..."

Webmaster, given that there haven't been many decent jokes on Red Dwarf since Series VI, in your statement above are you referring to pre Series VII Dwarf or post Series VI?