The forum general election!

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by jmc2000, Sep 20, 2017.

1. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

DUMMIES UNITED! has released a manifesto update! Our glorious and most serene the GrandPoohbahness himself has guaranteed that the Royal Coronation of King @Cloud and Queen @Nikki the Great will take place at the residence of the GranPoohbahness : the stately Wayne Manor! Immediately after the election of the RealBigOleDummy© as emissary of the Forum! Now , DUMMIES UNITED! makes no claim that our own Duke of Deliciousness, the GrandPoohbahness RealBigOleDummy© is Batman, but its telling that there are NO pictures of them together! The RealBigOleDummy©'s Butler, Alfred ,is mum on the subject saying only that there's a draft from the large and totally empty, so don't even think of looking, cavern system beneath stately Wayne Manor, home to our very own GrandPoohbahness.

Reception immediately following the coronation so our Legions of supporters of can pay tribute (and bribes) to the newly crowned King and Queen of the forum.

DUMMIES UNITED! has upped the ante once again in this not even close election "race"! Furthermore, in a speech carried across all TV stations , all radio stations and beamed to the aliens Galaxy-wide, the RealBigOleDummy© had harsh words for @jmc2000 who called this election into being in the first place. Excerpt from the speech : "I, the RealBigOleDummy©, repeat my call to @jmc2000 to hold these elections posthaste! Our people are crying out in anguish for ME to lead them! They want and MUST HAVE their Cups of Kittens, their cute Puppies, and Chickens in Pots (clucking or not), and the failure of the election process is keeping them kittenless and sad. This cannot stand! This WILL not stand! Call the election before the people take to the streets in anger! Hark! Listen outside your window to the chants of the crowd " LET US VOTE, LET US VOTE, LET US VOTE!" I implore you @jmc2000, call this election before even I , the GrandPoohbahness cannot control the passions of the people."

Wise words from our GrandPoohbahness.

VOTE EARLY! VOTE OFTEN! VOTE DUMMIES UNITED!

Nikki the Great and FeeBee like this.
  2. BigOleDummy

I'M VOTING DUMMIES UNITED! WHO ARE YOU VOTING FOR?

[​IMG]

FeeBee likes this.
  3. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Dummies united have won my previously undecided vote.

BigOleDummy likes this.
  4. BigOleDummy

SPECIAL NEWS BULLETIN! SPECIAL NEWS BULLETIN!

As previously undecided voters flock to DUMMIES UNITED! the totally not affiliated with us , independent polling company BODinc. ,has declared a virtual TSUNAMI of support for DUMMIES UNITED! , their report follows......
    [​IMG]

When asked about this unprecedented tidal wave of support for and a response to DUMMIES UNITED!, spokesman for the opposition party had this to say........
    [​IMG]

I'm the RealBigOleDummy© and I approved this message.

FeeBee likes this.
  5. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

looks like I've being conned again by a flash ad campaign and unsustainable election promises, I am repledging

6. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

@RealBigOleDummy, looks like you might have to use the formula that a chicken is to a chair as every pot is to every bum if you'd like to get back your votes. :shake:

Nikki the Great likes this.
  7. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

Well I don't understand that in the slightest, but ok

8. BigOleDummy

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS!

Speaking from party Central Control our glorious most high GrandPoohbahness has made a rousing speech to his Legions of supporters! A partial transcript follow's:

"Friends, Forumites, Countrymen I have astounding, nay almost UNBELIEVABLE, news to share. It seems that , hard as it is to even contemplate, we DUMMIES UNITED! , have a DEFECTOR!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Yes , my loyal Dummyites, if anything call's for a "Boo" this is it. It is with a heavy heart that I must call upon you to ...
    [​IMG] Now, now,I KNOW your disbelief and share your bewilderment and anger but don't interrupt the GrandPoohbahness as he HAS a SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    We MUST smoke out this heretic and make him see the error of his ways! Gentle persuasion will rule the day! Go forth and CONVINCE the poor misguided lost one!
    [​IMG]
    Yes........ that will do nicely!"

9. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

Seriously. Just problem a chair in every bum. That's the way to get him back.

10. BigOleDummy

A little late for that. My fan base is already on the way.........
    [​IMG]

11. BigOleDummy

The GrandPoohbahness , the RealBigOleDummy© has made another earth shattering announcement! To the cheers of the waiting crowd he has sent out this proclamation!

"My fellow Forumites, lend me your ears! For I have reached a decision that will start the glorious reign of King @Cloud and Queen @Nikki the Great and enable ME the one and only BigOleDummy (prefix or not) to ascend to the reins of government!"

"After the untimely defection of a single poor misguided soul, I managed to calm the crowd and ultimately saved us all from a rather nasty event. Reflecting on the cause of this defection I can only assume that this individual was driven MAD by the continued waiting for his opportunity to vote! Yes, MAD!! That is the only logical conclusion!"

"Wishing to spare the innocent electorate further strain and stress from the unrelenting wait , I hereby call on @jmc2000 to either schedule the election within days OR to get the parties together for a DEBATE on the issues! Yes, your serene and dignified GrandPoohbahness has GRACIOUSLY offered a choice to our unworthy opponents! However though, when I called the oppositions press manager to deliver this most magnanimous offer I received the same result as my last attempt at communication..... :
    [​IMG]
    Let us hope the other "parties" in this grand electoral experiment have more courage than their employees!"

12. BigOleDummy

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS!

In a speech this morning to his adorning fan base, His GrandPoohBahness had some shocking news for the electorate! Transcript follows :

"Friends, forum-mates and all interested parties, lend me your eyes! I, the ONE and ONLY BIGOLEDUMMY after having my request met have no interest in governing anymore. (much like comrade chump, only I got what I desired!) So it is with a light heart and a dance in my step that I announce my WITHDRAWAL from the ballot! Breathe a little more freely, you other parties as I will endorse NO other candidates." "I do insist on King @Cloud and Queen @Nikki the Great 's coronation though otherwise I will be forced back into the race".

VOTE EARLY (if you want to) VOTE OFTEN (I don't care) Vote........ meh.................

13. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

Nikki the Great and BigOleDummy like this.
  14. BigOleDummy

Fear not! That is my only condition for staying out of the race. If you and your Queen are not crowed posthaste I , like MacArthur shall return!

15. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

I hope so. Me and @Nikki the Great being the king and queen was the only investment I had in this election

16. BigOleDummy

I will see to it personally.
    [​IMG]

Nikki the Great and Cloud like this.
  17. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

Does anyone else want to found a political party, or should we put some ballot boxes out?

BigOleDummy likes this.
  18. BigOleDummy

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... I'm suspicious. Waited till the front runner stepped aside......................... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... ;-) I MAY have to get back in the race!

19. BigOleDummy

A press release from DUMMIES UNITED!.

"I the GrandPoohbahness himself , after seeing that the voting public was DECIEVED and had their HOPES and DREAMS for satisfaction at the ballot box dashed ONCE AGAIN ...
    by the nefarious shenanigans of the opposition and in the absence of formal guarantee's for the Coronation of King @Cloud and Queen @Nikki the Great I hereby DECLARE :
    [​IMG]

and throw my hat back into the ring!!!
    [​IMG]

yes, loyal Dummyites :
    [​IMG]
    and will see to All your needs and wants! Because DUMMIES UNITED! is and will be forevermore all things to all people!"

20. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

I'm just waiting for the bit where me and @Cloud get to wear our crowns and boast about how shiny they are.

BigOleDummy and Cloud like this.