The idiot who filmed the filming...

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by supercat, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supercat

supercat Console Officer

So danny has tweeted this morning about being betrayed by someone in the studio audience who has filmed the filming. But then he goes on to say...

Anyone heard anything else on the matter? I hope it is just a wind up... If not, then what an absolute idiot! One idiotic person spoiling it for the rest of us and jeopardising the future of RD!

*grumbles*

2. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Danny was picking up on the aftermath of the discussion I'd begun last night, based on what was described here. The video appeared briefly online, but has now been taken down by its owner.

Yes, I know, I came back just to say this. Hey, join me on twitter for more swearing at audience members who break the rules!

3. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

I know it's still early days, but so far, I'm impressed with the lack of spoilers finding their way onto the net. I've heard rumour of some of the sets being snapped and put on Twitter or the odd forum posting or two, but haven't stumbled across any myself yet. Only another 4 audience dates and another 8 or 9 months to go....lets keep it up! :-)

4. ReflexReaction

ReflexReaction Third Technician

Was the person who filmed the audience the same guy as in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRQGplXMNWQ&list=UUNXs4npGKyFZdmvpB7CBf7A&index=8&feature=plcp

?

5. timeslip1974

timeslip1974 Skutter

Hi there, Im the idiot who got caught during the film, didnt mean to p*** anyone off and certainly had no intention of showing/taping/recording anything that might be considered as spoilers. Couldnt resist the chance to get a vid on danny doing tongue tied and only, in my nativity shared it as i thought it wouldnt be an issue since it didnt pertain to the new series. I certainly wouldnt want to spoil anything for anyone and ive taken the video down

6. ReflexReaction

ReflexReaction Third Technician

Thanks for letting us know. I didn't realise it was just a recording of Danny singing - I agree it's not really a spoiler but then again GN did say that no one should film anything...

So I guess best bet here is to keep that video to yourself until after airing - then stick it up on YouTube WITH DJJ's permission of course!

7. ori-STUDFARM

Well there's honesty. Signing up just to say "I'm the idiot...."

The sets and costumes could be considered spoilery.... Good on ya for taking it down...

8. timeslip1974

timeslip1974 Skutter

im a HUUUGGGGEEEE fan and never ment to p*** anyone off or cause any problems, i just thought it was an awesome moment and thought people who didnt get to see it would like to see it without any risk of anything spoilery.
    Must say it was kinda cool getting abused by Danny john jules on twitter tho!

9. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Well there you go!!

Even a clip of Danny doing some singing could be seen as spoilery. More detailed views of sets and costumes would be out there... if they were meant to be out there then GNP would release them! I hear there's a behind the scenes doc also being filmed, so any little snippets and inbetween moments could also be seen as spoilers from that point of view! I would hope to see things like this on the DVD as part of the out takes and blunders bits.

Oh well. It's all cleared up now. Until next time... :-D

10. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Thanks for removing.

For future reference, to everyone: it's not just about spoilers. Whipping out a camera makes it hard on security. The show could now be forced to start confiscating phones, making recording even harder and spending more on security. Or the video going up online could encourage others, "Well, he got away with it..." and the spoilers do start showing up. The bigger picture has to be considered.

As I tweeted last night, attending a recording's a two-way deal. The show gets an audience, you get to see the show. If you make a grab for more, you're breaking the deal.

Glad to see it go down. Hope it's the first and last time it happens.

11. ori-STUDFARM

Besides, you might be able to sell the footage to Andrew for the DVD extras :-D

I jest...

12. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

Though hang on - Shaunn, are you also posting set pictures on Facebook? Is that true?! For crying out loud...

13. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

If you're so contrite, would you also mind taking the set photos off your Facebook?

It seems a bit odd to show up here and apologise yet still have those up publicly.

14. timeslip1974

timeslip1974 Skutter

Already done

15. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Oh dear... People can be so dumb. It's baffling really :s

16. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

he probably just forgot, cool your jets everyone

17. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Forgot what? That he had a camera in his hand? That he put stuff online? That his ticket stated 'no spoilers'? Dear oh dear!

18. timeslip1974

timeslip1974 Skutter

i`d completely forgotten they were there, went ment for another to view other than my friend to look at who couldnt make the show to get a glimpse. And even then i`d not tell him any plot details

19. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

that he had put piks on facebook :P

lets just be glad they off

20. supercat

supercat Console Officer

Still might deny any studio audiences for later Dwarf series. Pictures are spoilers. I'm sure your mate can wait until Autumn, he's no different to anyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.