The old purple lunchbox

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, Feb 8, 2018.

1. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

No, not a description of some sprinters running shorts, but the old gamecube. Dug mine out the other day. Wow, what a blast. It really had some very good games. Also they were very colour saturated when compared to some of today's.

Mario sunshine
    Zelda windwaker
    Tales of symphonia
    killer 7
    Starfox adventure
    Monkey Ball
    Resident evil 4

I actually appreciate it a lot more now than i did at the time. I advise you all to give it a return go, or get the dolphin emulator firing away asap

2. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Flight Co-Ordinator

3. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Whatta ya know a boring thread by Neil Old!!!!

What does @Stephen think?

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I've never owned one of those machines and I've never played any of those games.

What does @neilold think about this?

Ant E likes this.
  5. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Console Officer

Resident Evil 4 sounds doable now that you mention it. Taking a break from my Witcher series for a couple of weeks. Been replaying Crysis and BTD5 mostly this past week.

6. neilold

I always thought resident evil 4 was the second best resident evil, behind resident evil 7

7. BigOleDummy

4 was the first one I played, so its kind of a favorite of mine. I've been seeing/hearing that the port to PC pretty much sux though so am hesitant to buy it. Don't own any consoles period so that's not an option either. Still may be worth looking into though.

8. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

I've never had a purple lunchbox, or played the games @neilold mentioned. Come to think of it, I haven't even heard of those games.

9. BigOleDummy

If you've ever seen one of these stickers....
    [​IMG]
    That's a fan of the series. Its a horror/survival game mostly about zombies.

10. neilold

I take I your totally not into gaming then kitty? That's the only reason I could think of for not hearing about the resident evil series or of the GameCube???

11. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

I actually love the gamecube and still have mine hooked up. But I refuse to participate in a @neilold thread

Nikki the Great likes this.
  12. Kittypaws

When I was growing up, I never had computer games. Except one credit card sized type handheld Donkey Kong sort of thingy, probably because, to my parents, it was relatively cheap at the time, I guess. By the time I got to my early 20s, I played a few NES and Mega Drive games, but was completely useless; except perhaps for Cruëball, and I practically got to the end, and was soundly thrashed by it. Because I grew up with basically no knowledge of all of the games, I guess I saw no need to know anything of the names. At my age, if I'd try it now, I wouldn't so much as be soundly thrashed, but tactically nuked. :eek:

BigOleDummy likes this.
  13. neilold

Oh pity. You've missed out on some wonderful fun times , kinda sad really:-(:-(:-( you should get yourself a console, and have a go, games are not the that intimidating once you understand them. None of us are great at every game, most of us are good at some and average at most, and you don't even have to be good, as long as you enjoy the experience

14. neilold

To late, you already have cloud

15. Cloud

Cloud Flight Co-Ordinator

curses

16. neilold

No, you didn't swear

17. BigOleDummy

Tactically nuked! :lol:8-) That sounds like what happened to me when I got to the Boss Devil Dog and his pack in The Witcher ! And nuked ....... and nuked ....... and nuked .... and..... but you get the idea :redface:. But the sheer exhilaration I got when I beat that durn hound dog for the first time!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh, Bliss indeed. Still one of my favorite gaming memories. As neil said you don't have to be great to enjoy most of the games but I would "work up" to things like Resident Evil or The Witcher series. You don't even need a console if your computer is halfway decent as most of the better games are ported to PC's now, at least at some point. Have a look at GoG (Good Old Games) for some really serious discounts on some of the older (easier) games if you ever get the hankering.

https://www.gog.com/

Don't let the front page and its prices put you off, browse around and look at the "on sale" pages. You can pick up some really good things for next to nothing if you're patient. Heck , every couple of months they give away some pretty good games too.

Kittypaws likes this.
  18. Kittypaws

I know I shouldn't laugh at my own comments, but this made me laugh so hard, I cried...! :lol::lol::lol:

19. BigOleDummy

Just shows you have a great sense of humor! Made me laugh too :-D