Them windows in the new RD Dave ident

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by misterjohnsparks, Aug 12, 2016.

1. misterjohnsparks

misterjohnsparks Second Technician

[​IMG]

It's probably nothing, but did the five series of windows really stand out to anyone? I was wondering if it was some kind of code (part of a bit of viral marketing). So, five 4X6 grids with selected windows blacked out. I was thinking maybe (apart from this being absolutely nothing) that they could be representative of an alphabet with 24 letters. Not Esporanto then, which has 28 letters. Any thoughts? It's nothing isn't it? But what if it isn't? What if it's a message from the Quagaars?

:?

2. Decembers

Decembers Deck Sergeant

If you times the number of lit squares by 5 (number of windows) divide that by 11 (series) add 66 (no of episodes after Series XI then convert all the digits to the corresponding letter in the alphabet (e.g. a=1 b=2) going single digit, double digit (to get letters after J), single digit...

It spells......'Illuminati' :shock:

3. Callisto252

Callisto252 Supply Officer

Well they certainly stood out to me - could it be code leading to a secret trailer? (probably wishful thinking, but if it's not a code I think that's an opportunity missed). Anyway the Greek alphabet has 24 letters, so going by this the message would read 'THKT ZT IOO ZMS ALSO'.

Hmm. Apart from that tantalising 'also' I'm not sure there's much to be gleaned there!

4. misterjohnsparks

misterjohnsparks Second Technician

It's fun trying to figure it out even if it means nothing. Good call on the Greek alphabet, though after thinking about it your attempt works on a left to right logic on those groups of windows. What if it's backwards or in a different order? I'll have a think and a mess about and probably come up with nothing useful for us to consider!