There should not be any more Red Dwarf.

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Murray, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaterinaRox

KaterinaRox Third Technician

i actually couldnt understand the plot of blade runner, but i think with RD, they simplified it a bit. i actually really liked BTE,but only cos Katerina was in it and shes my fave character (apart from rimmer).

that carbug was just brill. where do i get one????

2. jsminch

jsminch Skutter

I'm an huge fan of Murray, but due the fact that an overwhelming number of members of this forum don't like his comments I think that he shouldn't comment any more.

Deep down everyone else here who is a hardcore fan of Murray agrees with me absolutely and he should listen to them speak through me and quit posting before he humiliates himself anymore.

3. menacexp

menacexp Second Technician

amen brother, well said...+1

4. menacexp

I get what your saying but I doubt any of it will be "bad" to the point that no one will want to watch it at all!

5. menacexp

Personally i love the low budgety feel of the show...but i also loved the stunning cgi shots of the ship in space...a happy balance within their budget restraints i think will please everybody.

6. menacexp

Ya BTE won't be EVERYONE's favorite series but you know what, it did well enough to get us a few new seasons...so how can anyone really complain...personally, i really enjoyed BTE and i still plug in the blu-ray in my PS3 every couple of months to watch it. All and all, it's Dwarf, it's still funny and fun to watch...keep them coming!

7. menacexp

i liked carbug and the 'hot air' bit didn't really bother me but the rake gag was kinda lame. I get what the point they were trying to make with it during the scene but they could have used something else. Anyway, that's just nitpicking and we can do that to about anything in the show...as a whole, i loved the show.

8. DespairSquid8

DespairSquid8 Second Technician

Good, bad or ugly there should be more Red Dwarf.

For me, BTE was a bit like "The End", the first episode ever, the jokes were there, but the crew/cast had to learn to work together, and also we see some better highs in production as the show progressed.

We have to start somewhere & practise makes perfect :-)

9. dazsin

dazsin First Technician

I think this guy is just an attention seeker.

I bet he thinks bands should split up after one album, and sequels should never be made.

RD 7 and 8 were fantastic, not as good as 1-6 but 1000 times better than most other comedies on TV

BTL was good, flawed but good.

I am absolutley over the moon about RDX, cannot wait

10. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

That's a lot of posts...ever heard of multi-quote posts before?

11. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

hopefully no more comic relief cringe worthy storys like BTE

wooooah lets not go that far :shock:, i sometimes forget series 8 even got made for good reason :shock:

12. m1k31c3

m1k31c3 Skutter

i partially agree

without the canned laughter, one liner jokes and awkward pauses aren't nearly as funny. yes, it's a little sad and unfortunate, but hearing people laugh let's others know that it's time to laugh. and, what is even more sad and unfortunate, is that doug naylor isn't half as good of a writer without rob grant. without rob grant, red dwarf lost a lot of substance. aside from the chemistry between rimmer and lister, series 8 was very lacking. the dibbly family? that was ridiculous flash-back humor.

of course, these are just opinions. but i think they are pretty sound. without rob grant, naylor, charles, and llewellyn should move on to bigger and better things (like rob grant tried to do)

p.s. why doesn't anyone care about the strangerers? just watch it, if you haven't. you'll see what i mean. without rob grant, the show is just going to be endless cheesy one-liners and flash-back references, like BTE. i'll watch it. but i won't buy the DVD. i'll just pirate it.

13. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

Red Dwarf has never had canned laughter.

14. Jo TORDFC

Jo TORDFC Second Officer Fan Club Team

Seb, can we get a facepalm smilie on here please?

15. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

That's becoming a mantra on this forum.:-)

16. m1k31c3

m1k31c3 Skutter

okay, but that's besides the point. the main stance i wanted to make is, without grant the show won't be as good, as seasons seven and eight and BTE suggest. am i alone on this idea? or would you all rather pick apart everything that people say.

17. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

Judging by this thread, I would suggest that no. You are not alone....But I would also suggest that there is significant enough numbers to suggest that you are wrong also.

By coming onto the official site and suggesting to genuine fans that there hasn't been anything good about the show since before 1997 is a little bit daft. What reaction did you expect?

18. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

You're certainly not alone. For me, as much as I am a fan of series VIII, and still would rather watch any dwarf series than almost anything else on television, I, and most fans, I reckon, rate the first six series as the best. That suggests the collaborative effort worked better than the solo work. Of course, there are those who think Doug can't make good dwarf and should leave it alone. I still like Doug's dwarf (that's not a euphemism for anything, so stop tittering), but I prefer Grant Naylor's dwarf. I'm still hopeful I'll enjoy further dwarf, but am pleased they're returning to the studio audience, as that seemed to add something to it.

Rarely is an opportunity missed without regret.

19. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

While I'll admit I often do find myself more likely to laugh if I hear other people (and I'm not saying I actually prefer a laugh track overall, in fact I can take or leave it but it depends a lot on the show) if it's really funny it should make one laugh regardless. I actually hardly noticed when they stopped the live audience in Only Fools and Horses for example.

That being said, my main reason for accepting a laugh track in new dwarf is because it provides a gauge for the performers and director/writer. I.e. if they get a poor response they can react accordingly to get the best from the cast and gags. (I.e. rewrites in the case of Doug Naylor, different delivery in the case of the actors, etc.)

That is assuming that the audience react honestly. Those of you who go, please! Don't just laugh because you feel you ought to or because you're in the 'party spirit'. I understand that might seem a strange thing to say, but I have actually been in an audience for a tv show before where the entertainment guy (I forget the correct term. The chap who entertains the audience between takes.) encouraged us to laugh and generally be more positive. That particular show wasn't very good. He was a right laugh though.

20. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Just as a handy hint, it's generally not considered all that good an idea to turn up on the official forum of a production company, give them your email and IP addresses, and tell them that you plan to illegally steal their product. HTH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.