There should not be any more Red Dwarf.

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Murray, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scotmuln

scotmuln Third Technician

iv seen a few people say they dislike series 8, i must admit when i first saw it i wasn't sure but now its one of my faves to watch but this could be because i have overwatched the rest. lol krytie tv is class as is cassandra, the new charchters are great too, the warden of the prison is funny as, and kill crazy is a legend. didnt much like pete though with the dinosaur..... i think people should maybe lower their expectaions so's not to be dissapointed, it must be hard writing sci fi for this long and maintain the quality red dwarf has so i wasn't expecting a classic with B.T.E but i still enjoyed it, had my gripes but we all do i suppose.. i dont think the new series will be the best they've made but would be over the moon if it was, I do know it will be good and i cant wait.... awesome :-) HAVE A FANTASTIC PERIOD!!!!!

2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I thought they were about the worst characters in Red Dwarf history: ridiculous, unfunny, pantomime-esque and badly acted.

3. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

Whilst I want to hate Kill Crazy....I can't help but laugh!!

4. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Jake Wood was fab as Kill.
    [​IMG]
    And is really nice in real life, he'll always stop to Sign for Fans outside Elstree.

5. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

Have you had photos of yourself taken with every surviving famous person? You jumped in front of his car to get him to stop for that, didn't you? Didn't you? Good work!:-)

I don't mind Kill Crazy. I know a lot of folk don't like him.

6. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Only those who I've wanted to meet, I'm in the same shot as Harrison Ford and as a Star Wars/Indy fan I totally geeked out when I met him, and Angelina... To keep this Red Dwarf related. When I met Chris last year I asked him about a third Tomb Raider film sadly he and Angelina wont be reprising their roles.

As for throwing myself in front of the car, he did stop just outside the gates at Elstree for that pic in April last year and I told him what I thought of his performance in the live episode, his response was modest but professional. :-)

7. Paul Taylor

Harrison Ford is a god!:-) Have you got a picture of that shot?

8. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Normally I'm quite laid back when I meet people, but when I met Harrison I just kept going "Oh my God! Oh my goodness." hes the biggest person I've met my Friend next to me took a photo of him holding my Indy Fedora and signing it and there is also a picture of the moment I said:

"Harrison, can I shake your hand please sir."

So yep, I do have photos of him and I both in shot but unlike the pics of Chris and Jake i.e. both of us looking to Camera.

But I do concur. Harrison is THE God :-)

9. scotmuln

scotmuln Third Technician

i wouldn't say it was bad acting, its supposed to be over the top to make the joke work...... kno? legend!

10. Paul Taylor

You are my guru. I'm calling you Baba KingR in future.

I suppose we must be of a similar generation. It's probably hard for the modern youth to imagine the effect of the twin flawed heroes Han Solo and Indiana Jones on us youngsters back in the day. Imagine if we'd only had that whiny twerp Luke Skywalker to root for.

11. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Awww, thank you :-)

Yep, I was born in 76, saw Temple of Doom when it was first released and remember being thrilled, funnily enough I preferred Harrison in the Indy series (even Kingdom of Crystal Skull) to Star Wars but love them equally if that makes sense, and you're so right with the "Twin flawed hero" comment. He hurts, he shows emotion, he bleeds, he's compassionate, he cries for goodness sake.

I'll post the pic of Harrison shaking my hand in the "Happy Life Day" thread as thats more Star Wars orientated. :-)

12. Paul Taylor

I was born in '74. I think both Star Wars and Indy were so much parts of my childhood, I couldn't seperate the two. I don't know about Crystal Skull. I've only seen it once at the cinema, and haven't been much tempted to buy it on DVD.

13. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Star Wars and Indy are those kind of films that are beyond iconic and like you I've grown up with them, the way that Harrison made Han and Indy his and his alone is truly terrific.

Spielberg didnt want to make Indy 4, but it was the pressure of Fans as well as Harrison and George to go through with it, people didnt like Shia's Tarzan antics or Lucas's ideas about the Aliens but lets face it it pales into insignificance when Harrisons silhouette first picks up his Fedora, I whooped like a maniac during that scene.

Crystal Skull and Star Wars BluRay is like Marmite, you either love it or hate it :-)

14. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

kill crazy was funny in cassandra and i think he should of been in that one episode only as he wasnt funny in the later episodes and the warden seemed to look bad ass at the end of BITR 3 and then turned camp and annoying later on

and i have to state that in my personal appinion... krytie tv is the worst red dwarf episode for me, infact it doesnt even feel like an episode of red dwarf and is like a completely different show esp when you compare it to earlier seasons

15. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

He was too pantomime-like to ever amuse me and I find myself getting annoyed at the over-the-top acting. He's the personification of series 8.

Even the part where he knocks himself out on the door frame, which many fans seem to like, leaves me cold.

16. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

If you have met Angelina I will have to personally come round your house and kill you.

17. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

Lol, I love that bit :lol:

18. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

I thought Kill Crazy had a few classic line and they were well delivered. I for one thought he was great.

19. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

That was the only funny bit and entertaining part of series 8 for me.

20. Paul Taylor

I like the bit where he gets all psyched up at thought of going on a mission, and then the moment passes and he just wonders off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.