This Made Me Smile....

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by Pembers, Oct 15, 2017.

1. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    Well, Raygun was a big factor (lol,remember that spelling?!?) but he was more........ "attuned politically" to media. To this day he's a hero to the conservative part of our country. Iran-Contra , the Savings and Loan meltdown and subsequent recession/depression, the banking deregulation that came home to roost in the early 2000's notwithstanding. Ms. Thatcher was more........ abrasive I guess is the word I'm looking for. And her taking children's milk, from schools no less!!!, and BRAGGING about it just made me pay more attention to politics in general. So , like I said she had a huge impression, not the ONLY impression by any means but a big influence on my political gestation. (Besides.... I've always had a soft spot for you Limeys :redface:)

2. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

Ok, I thought with Reegan being as equally if not more fatlr right than Thatcher it would have being him. Also with him being your own leader and not some other leader in some other detached country kinda thing

3. neilold

yes, I know it still goes on, in quite a few countries. It's pretty shameful when the U.S and U.K are often mentioned in the top richest countries on earth, it gives the impression of everyone being wealthy . But in reality we both have areas of great social deprivation and desperately hungry people. I don't know if you have them, but in this country, we have things called 'food banks', they are lifesavers for many, but the great shame of the nation.

BigOleDummy likes this.
  4. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    Yeah , we too have them and yes I agree the NEED for them is shameful.

5. neilold

Agyeed:-(:-(:-(