Totally Legal (!) Way to see Back to Earth...

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by dvd3500, Mar 25, 2009.

1. dvd3500

dvd3500 Catering Officer

... outside the UK?
    Hi Folks,
    Let me get this straight, I do NOT want torrents or any of those things that are even remotely illegal.
    The problem is I live in Germany abd cannot get Dave, not even via sattelite (as far as I know).

It would be completely legal for someone to tape the show and send me a video tape (so 20th century) in both the UK and Germany.

There may be other options....

I WILL buy the DVD as soon as it comes out. I love the audio commentaries etc.

If this is simply not possible or of the board Lords think this is going too far into a dark, dark, dark grey area I undertsand if it gets deleted/blocked...
    I am simply depserate to get the show before June...
    Thanks

2. h3lter

h3lter Second Technician

bit harsh but correct lol, there is no legal way as far as i know, apart from waiting for the dvds or for it to be released over there

3. TheAmazingDannyKing

TheAmazingDannyKing Catering Officer

...Find someone in Britain with a slingbox who's willing to let you log into it.

4. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

In a way I think it's nice that the UK has something the US doesn't. We have to wait for Lost, Fringe, Sarah Connor and so on. But I'm sure that many stations will pick this up very quickly indeed. And with the DVD out within a month, it's all good.

5. connell

connell First Technician

Someones taping it for me in England, I really cannot get it round my head, finnally after so long waiting it happens, I have to wait even longer, its just horrible!!

6. garfie

garfie Catering Officer

Wrong side of the thin line between genius and ins

Why would a video of it be more legal than a download? It is basically the same thing, it will just take a bit longer to get to you.

7. dvd3500

dvd3500 Catering Officer

A file in and of itself is not illegal, at least not here in Germany. However posting it to the Internet for every Tom, Dave and Cat to download is.
    It is perfectly legal to record, digitally or analog anything and hand out to friends, however, amd again this is German law, not UK, just posting it so that anyone can download (i.e. people with whom you have no contact) is illegal.

Since I could areguably "know" someone here given there are still a few weeks until the show there would be nothing wrong with someone taping or recording the show and give me access to it, either by post or controlled log on.

At leastm, in Germany that is how to work the law.

It is a grey area, to be sure...