TV Shows You've Seen Recently

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by Bluey, May 6, 2017.

1. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Debatable

Does anyone else here watch this or is it just me? With my interest in Pointless waning, this has become my favourite quiz show of the moment. It's even better now they've extended the show by quarter of an hour to 45 minutes.

PeeJayHarvey likes this.
  2. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

I've watched it. though I don't like how the celebrities always try to act 'celebrity', i.e they have got to be the funniest, or most knowingly stupid. That one with that dwarfy scot bird isn't bad, though its ridiculously convoluted, and shares the same old problem that thwarts most daytime quiz shows, piss poor prizemoney

Bluey likes this.
  3. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

It's no Going for Gold... but what is?

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Pointless

I'm fantastic at getting final round pointless answers - especially in rounds about actors. This time I got two: for Rhys Ifans films I got The Shipping News and for Jonathan Pryce The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.

5. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Stargate SG-1 Series 5 episodes Providing Ground and 48 hours because I felt like watching Stargate and those episodes because I closed my eyes and picked a DVD at random. 48 hours I enjoyed the most out of those two since its the first time Rodney McKay who becomes the lead scientist in Stargate Atlantis is seen.

6. Sarah

Sarah Console Officer

I love better call Saul agree that not much happens really,but I hate his brother so much

7. Sarah

Sarah Console Officer

Power Rangers dino thunder the joys of having son home:-)

8. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Season 2 of Star Wars Rebels. It's pretty good, but I watched too much. I tend to binge these series all the way through in a couple of days or so. I really need to pace myself better.

9. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

Can't Pay Take It Away

10. Sarah

Sarah Console Officer

The leftovers watching it now one of my favorites:-)

11. Iced Gemz

Iced Gemz Catering Officer

Emmerdale but it's so bad :-D Soap operas are much worse in other countries though!

gizmolove, PeeJayHarvey and Asclepius like this.
  12. Kittypaws

I haven't watched any of them in years.

13. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

I've just started my rewatch of Todd & The Book of Pure Evil. This show initially comes across as just another stoner comedy. But it's got too much depth and intelligent writing for it to be labelled as such... character development, a fantastic "monster of the week" format that also also deepens the mystery of the overall story arc, and an antagonist that is just such a fantastic character. I think I rate the antagonist of the piece higher than I even rate even Arnold J Rimmer. He's evil but funny. He has his reasons for being this way. And is his character irredeemable?

It's basically a cross between Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the Evil Dead TV show. They even do a musical episode which, like Buffy's Once More With Feeling, has an in story reason for happening...and being a metal based musical episode, is better than Once More With Feeling IMO.

Warning if anybody does decide to watch it. Season 2 finishes on a massive cliff hanger and then the show got cancelled. It has thus far not been resolved. Although they were successful in an Indiegogo campaign and are currently making a movie length animated finale bringing back all the actors to voice their characters...and it has Jason Mewes in it!!

14. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Pointless

Two more final round pointless answers from me. Both times for Tom Green both as an actor and as a director for winning Golden Raspberry Awards.

15. Kittypaws

Bob's Burgers.

Abe likes this.
  16. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

I have been watching through Marvels Iron Fist on netflix. Its fine.

17. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Pointless Celebrities

Once again, I'm unstoppable where films are concerned. This time I got a pointless final round answer with The Silence of the Lambs for Oscar winning films that contain the letter n.

18. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

Horrible Histories. Was one of the early series but not sure which one. I'd forgotten how a few skits went due to how long it was the last time I watched.

Asclepius likes this.
  19. Chris D

Chris D Engineer

It's definitely a much slower pace than Breaking Bad, but the quality of the writing, acting and production is definitely on par with it. I'm thoroughly hooked.

If you like Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, you may also like a show on Netflix called "Power". Give it a few episodes; I got quite hooked on that and ended up binging all three seasons quite quickly. Has been commissioned for another two seasons. Season 4 is coming in June/July I think.

Sarah likes this.
  20. Sarah

Sarah Console Officer

Oh I will definitely have a look I need a new series to get into:-)