update on the new series

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by talkie3000, Oct 27, 2011.

1. ben996

ben996 First Technician

maybe the news will be bout holly, since filming is this month and no news on holly

2. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

I don't think so, I have had a look at Doug Naaylors twitter and from what I can make of it he may be announcing how to get studio audience tickets and filming schedule. He also mentions that no plot releases before screening. So if there was any mention of Holly I would call that a plot/script leak.

Anyway I am only making my own interpretation of Dougs few words on twitter, I'm putting 2 and 2 together and probs coming up with 5.
    Still excited about tomorrows news though.

3. Teacup

Teacup Skutter

U.S. fan here and when i found out about the back to earth specials, i thought all my dreams had come true. Then when rumors of another season came about i thought then they were, and now with another season coming about finally, all i can say is yippee! I have always been into british movies and tv, from black adder, to mr bean, to doctor who, red dwarf, being human, monty python, merlin, etc etc. I guess it comes from being born in munich germany and watching a lot of british tv.

4. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Just over 3 hours :-D

5. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

A very awesome update :-D
    I'm pleased for all of you that can make it to be in the live studio office, if a little jealous.

6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Unfortunately I found it disappointing as I've never had any interest in being part of a Red Dwarf live audience, and Doug released most of this info on Twitter last night. I was hoping for some news about the cast, characters, etc.

7. MooMooYew

MooMooYew Third Technician

Doesn't look like i'll be getting tickets XD
    The booking website is not working and i've been waiting since 11am.

Once in a lifetime opportunity that I might miss :-(

Hopefully they're not all gone when the website works again.

8. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

according to doug its because so many people have stormed the site to get tickets that its messed the site up

9. sundayforsammy

I just let my browser stall until the site came up, It's working for me now so I would just say keep trying.

10. MooMooYew

MooMooYew Third Technician

Yeah I managed to get through in the end.
    Applied for 3 on December 23rd *fingers crossed*

So glad it's shepperton studios still. I only live 10 mins away :-)

11. sundayforsammy

Ahh good one, I live in Newcastle so quite a distance. Tickets are no guarantee of entry :-(

12. AnnieMouse

AnnieMouse Second Technician

I have been waiting ALL day!
    The website crashed, I've emailed the address given, multiple times from all my addresses, and am now "Caller 4 waiting to speak to a representative" after ringing the number on Doug Naylor's twitter....

And, bonus, I also don't live too far away from Shepperton either. Although where the hell I'd park the car, I've no idea...

ETA: no, all fully booked. So now I gotta hope that one of my emails came good. Will be notified next week if successful!

Goodness me, I can't take the tension!

13. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

i applied for 2 tickets but it didnt allow me to choose which date? how are people choosing which date they'd prefer?

14. sundayforsammy

When I applied there was a drop down box for dates.

15. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

I didn't get the option either. I hear that all the available tickets were allocated by 3:30pm and everybody after that (myself included) is on a waiting list should anybody drop out or more tickets become available. I presume any that may come available now will be on a fixed date, take it or leave it basis.

Gutted now....I wonder if I can somehow use the podcast and gain some kind of priority access....

16. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

Aaah, im on the waiting list then.. hmm, unlikely then.

17. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

This is exciting stuff, shows how close we are gettin to new red dwarf finally

18. DAN_JMC

DAN_JMC Catering Officer

Right can one of you guys near Shepperton give me a lift from the station? :lol:

I applied for tickets, dunno how I'm getting there or back if I get in but I was allowed to select my prefered date so maybe that's hopeful? I expect there's a station somewhere near shepperton and I can get a cab/bus from there?

Can't believe I might see one of the shows being filmed! I mean I first saw Red Dwarf in about 1989 when I was a kid, I got really into it about the 5th series but I never even gave the audience and the idea that you could go and see it shot, any thought. It was only for series 8 I thought "hmmm shame I couldn't see that being filmed, maybe the next series"... roll on 13 years :lol:

It took ages for me to get on the site, maybe an hour. I initially thought demand would be that high to be in the audience of a TV Show.. not like trying to get Stone Roses tickets or anything. I was wrong. Anyway fingers crossed

19. dazlister

dazlister Skutter

Well at least some of you guys had a shot at tickets, I received an email at 4.30pm to say tickets were going up at 2!
    I'm on the waiting list now, what good that will do...ah well the hopes I've had since my teens of actually seeing a live taping look to have been dashed! SMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....

20. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Shepperton (the village) has its own train station. The Studios are then located about a 30 minute walk away - but there's also a cab firm by the station.

With a few hundred people descending for each showing, of course, taxis might be at a premium (on the other hand, it means good opportunities to club together and share!) - but like I say, the walk is do-able in about 30 minutes. 20 if you're rushing.

The train back into Waterloo (which takes just short of an hour) is half-hourly at 11 and 41, and the last one is 23:11. So even if you don't get out of the studio bang on the scheduled finishing time of 10pm, there should still be ample time to walk and make it for the last train.