US Fans Coming for Back to Earth! Parties?!

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by RadioGardman, Mar 18, 2009.

1. RadioGardman

RadioGardman Skutter

Yeah, you got it. Two Smeg Heads from the US are embarking on a journey, an odyssey, to see the return of one of the greatest accomplishments in modern British media: THE RETURN OF THE DWAAAAAAAARF!

They're pushing aside fears of Marmite, tossing away long-held phobias of warm beer (in fact, they love it), and considering joining blood pudding supper clubs, all in their great plan on being IN ENGLAND, WATCHING WITH OTHER SMEG HEADS AS 'BACK TO EARTH RETURNS'!

As Dave, Krytie, the Cat, Rimmer, Holly, the Scudders and who knows whatever GELFs have hidden themselves on Floor 13 return to Earth, we're returning to Nodnol, um, Londinium, uh, London and its outlying suburbs (ie, Bath, Wales, Coventry, anyplace where Smeg is spoken, or Red Dwarfers are going to gather en masse!)

We've got our curry-stained t-shirts, our "Better Than Life" games on Nintendo DS, and our eyes focused on the prize, meeting a welcoming group of partying Smeg Heads who won't let a little 18th Century Revolution and an ocean come between us. We did it for Dr. Who, and we'll tell ya the story when we see ya!

PLEASE PASS THIS ON, and CONTACT US AS SOON AS YOU CAN!! I'm Gardner, and he's Malcolm, and you can contact me at elggrande@msn.com We're about to get our flight tickets, and would love to be able to meet with other fans to watch the broadcasts!

Be Seeing You!

2. drumjay

drumjay Catering Officer Fan Club Team

I think your first port of call should be Aigburth Arms, they are holding a Back to Earth night! Sadly it is now called 'The Victoria' :roll: In Liverpool of course! Saturday 11th April.

3. dazsin

dazsin First Technician

Brilliant, I must admit if Back To Earth was only being shown in America i'd be straight over there!

Let us all know where you are going, seriously considering heading up to somewhere doing a 'Back to Earth' night myself

4. RadioGardman

RadioGardman Skutter

Hi! And thanks for replying! Great to see people like our idea! We are hoping to connect with a good crew of people who are planning on watching the Dwarf crew each night, which will allow us to stick to one primary area, but we're open to moving a bit, as long as we can be with kindred spirits!

Lovin' the photos here and on the DAVE website! Keep spreading the word, and if people are planning to get together to watch, we can grab a stay at a nearby hotel and then hang out, if you'd have us as part of the group!

Be Seeing You!

Gard

5. NoNewWaveNoFun

NoNewWaveNoFun Skutter

Malcolm here....we are still pouring over finances, adjusting schedules....moving important meetings with prominent people in the music, movie and injection moulding industries(we want to be a triple threat), and generally doing everything in our power to make this trip happen.

You have no idea of the crappy television we are spoon fed here in the states, so an event like this really means a lot to those of us who have a fondness for GOOD tele.

Speaking for mayself, even sitting in a run down hostel somewhere watching this is more than enough, but the chance to witness our heros triumphant return to Earth with other people who share our passion for the Dwarf.....well, that would just about make my year.

Here's hoping we make it!

Cheers. :-D

6. RadioGardman

RadioGardman Skutter

Hold on...

I'm going with YOU?!

What the?!--
    :shock:

7. NoNewWaveNoFun

NoNewWaveNoFun Skutter

Its official!!!

G and I will be coming to Bath to stay with a friend....thus will begin our cross the pond odessey to see the greatest scifi comedy in the history of scifi, comedy, and for that matter, in the history of mankind....

I hope I don't cry.....