verdict on back to earth

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by mrsmith, Apr 13, 2009.

1. mrsmith

mrsmith Third Technician

the reaction to back to earth has been mixed but i would like to know the overall reaction to the three new episodes

what i propose is a vote. each person can only vote once and to vote you just need to write good or bad depending on your view on the episodes (you can add more if you wish but this wont be taken into account when the voting is being added up). the vote is a vote for the how you thought the overall back to earth trilogy went not one vote per episode. as i think that this forum is probably the largest concentration of dwarf fans anywhere on the net i think this vote will be a good view of the overall reaction to BTE.

the voting will end on Monday the 27th of April at this point i will add up the votes and give a percentage score for each episode

start voting!!!!!8)

12 more days to go

2. SXWolfgang

SXWolfgang Third Technician

3. MacabreMagpie

MacabreMagpie Catering Officer

4. garfie

garfie Catering Officer

Wrong side of the thin line between genius and ins
  5. barnaclebill

barnaclebill Third Technician

6. acerimmer_165

acerimmer_165 Supply Officer

Everyone say good, even if they don't like it...

More chance of getting Series 9/10/11 ... or whatever....

good

7. Fairfax

Fairfax Catering Officer

8. acerimmer_165

acerimmer_165 Supply Officer

You're just saying that to spite me :lol:

9. tinstar

tinstar Third Technician

Bad

May I qualify that by saying I think it was OK up to Part 3, which ruined it. I hope it continues, with more time and attention on the gags/script please. Naylor alone is a no no.

10. stuffywarner

stuffywarner Skutter

Hi there.

Red Dwarf is far from dead. Rob has created a brilliant group of charactors which work so well in so many crazy situations. I can't really envisage Rob running out of idea's, being a bit of a writer i've got some fantastic idea's myself for Red Dward episodes and i would like to see them appear on screen. Sure Red Dwarf has evolved a bit over the years, but i think you have to expect that. It started in 1988 for heavens sake! but its evolved in a good way. Earlier episoded were a bit more slapstick and silly and as time has gone by they have become a bit more of an adventure story but still the funniest thing i have ever seen on TV. The characters have been developed so well, and the back to earth story has been written so well that me and surely all the other millions of fans are dying to find out whats next. There are loads of loose ends that will drive the story on for as long as fans still want to see it. And for me that can be as long as im able to sit at a TV and watch. If Star Trek can go on for so long, why on earth shoudln' Red Dwarf? Rob has shown he is more than capable of writting a serious (almost) compelling story for the boys from the Dwarf to perform, and i think we should see more. My i suggest though.

1.) Bring Holly back. Great Charector male or female version.
    2.) Didn't really think Kochanski fitted in that well. (sorry) Great actress and everything, but the whole point that drives listers story line is that she is out there somewhere. If she's part of the crew then listers story is kinda over.
    3.) Not sure the computer generated graphics are the best idea. I reckon the modells and so on for starbug looked best, and had a kinda weird charm of there own. I realise that graphics are probable easier and cheaper maybe, but the models give the show a certain cult charm.
    4.) Keep the original soundtrack. Everyone cheered at home when that music played.... its unmistakable and as soon as everyone hears it you instantly know what its for.
    5.) Keep it colourful. What i love about red dwarf is the colour they somehow manage to get on screen.. Rimmers bright green, cats usually bright pink or something crazy. Listers always a kinda contrasting dull brown and krytens black and pink.... the ships red... rooms and alien ships have blues and orange.... i mean its just great!!!
    6.) Keep it creepy. Some of the episodes in the past have had a real tense and creepy feel to them...almost a bit scary sometimes. I think there is loads of room to expand on that. I love some of the black humour Red Dward supplies. Like in Psirens. Using his kidney as a full stop.... "who would do that?" "someone who badly needed a pen" classic great stuff

There is practically nothin on TV these days that even comes close to Red Dwarf and i know for a fact that im not the only one who misses it.. Please Please Please bring it back and give me a reason to tune my TV in again.

P.S Bumped into Chris Barrie at North Weald Airfield the other day. Such a nice guy, but he never mentioned a new Red Dwarf.... sly git.

11. raltenbach

raltenbach Skutter

GOOD
    Longing for another series. Or two. Or twelve.

12. bar10dr

bar10dr Third Technician

13. Brydie68

Brydie68 Skutter

14. Windfola

Windfola Third Technician

15. ldykes1

ldykes1 Skutter

GOOD

[[p.s. This has probably already been said at some point in this thead, but I'll say it again anyway...

...I really really loved it, but I think that since it's been ended on - yet another - cliffhanger, it just makes me want more!!!

long live the rouge small one!! :-D ]]

16. stickybluetoffee

stickybluetoffee Skutter

BAD

only very...

17. SimplePlan2k8

SimplePlan2k8 Third Technician

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good doesn't really express my feelings well enough, amazing would.

18. richisawesome

richisawesome Second Technician

19. SoberMilk

SoberMilk Skutter

GOOD

(there seems to be more good than bad at the moment :-))

20. adamandkate

adamandkate Skutter

good
    good
    good
    goooooooooooood
    awesome!