VERY IMPORTANT more red dwarf!! anti petition

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by slappyslack, Apr 12, 2009.

1. deepSnoozer

deepSnoozer Third Technician

i will buy the Freaking DVD if that helps season 10... i hope everyone does the same
    Smeg i will even buy all the other series i think it's unfair that i have every episode downloaded into my harddrive and i didnt contribuited a dime to my favourite TV Show, i think it's time to change that!

2. RimmersLeftNostril

RimmersLeftNostril Third Technician

Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf! Dwarf!

3. davemint

davemint Skutter

MORE :-D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

ooo so we get series 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,BTE and 10

red dwarf fans are so hard to plz but quite simple minded at same time :-)

5. Epostile

Epostile Skutter

Give me more or give me smeg...

6. SophieMadeOfStars

SophieMadeOfStars Skutter

who wouldn't want more? I know i do!

7. talkie3000

talkie3000 Deck Sergeant

i sometimes wonder if fans want more red dwarf for the quality or just for loyal fandom

8. counting_sheep

counting_sheep First Technician

More please:-D

9. doggett

doggett Second Technician

More, please. :-D

10. mccollough

mccollough First Technician

hell yeah, bring it back... BTA has been amazing right from the start of Episode 2

(episode one is not important)

A series ten would be so so fecking amazing!

11. evelyn

evelyn Third Technician

Definitely YES!!!!

12. grabit1142

grabit1142 Skutter

More Dwarf please. I live in the states and will be buying an R2 DVD of BTE as soon as it's released !!

13. lord_velos

lord_velos Skutter

I am in the states too. You can find them here but they are always hard to find. We almost always have to wait for an entire year to pass before we can get them in the states

I would LOVE to see more! But the only thing I as is please bring back the canned laughter track again! The episodes don't "feel" right without them. I would like to see the Hollys back too but hey I'll just settle for the canned laughter track back again.

14. ENVY16

ENVY16 Third Technician

The world is crying out for Dwarf!!!

15. FelisSapiens

FelisSapiens Third Technician

More Pleeeaaassseee! Love Red Dwarf....I will buy the DVD!

16. plantejr

plantejr Third Technician

I will definitely purchase it. I just hope it comes to the states relatively quickly javascript:addSmiley(':lol:');

17. BRIJcnt

BRIJcnt Skutter

BRING ON MORE DWARF!!!

I'm loving these new episodes, hopefully this'll lead to more, overdue episodes!!!
    I'll be ordering my dvd the day it comes out, smeg, I might buy two!!:-D

18. xXSqUaLLXx

xXSqUaLLXx Skutter

Stoke me a clipper, ill be back for christmas !

WE WANT MORE MORE MORE, there can never be enough of red dwarf :-D

A frenchy reddwarf lover that will buy the dvd for sure if they make it available with french subs :-)

ps: and bring back ace sometimes and norman holly :-D

19. no_name

no_name Third Technician

If the last part of the special is as good as the first two parts then I definitely want more. I personally don't understand the criticisms of BTE except maybe the lack of laughter track causing some awkward pauses (though I didn't miss it at all in part 2). It's pretty much dwarf as it's always been. My thoughts regarding the script itself:

- In the first part many of the jokes could have been ripped straight from the first 6 series which is what people appear to deem "classic" dwarf. However, they were still original jokes. The style of joke is simply similar to the jokes of old.
    - It feels like a Dwarf script.
    - The characters are well defined again. Series VIII suffered from many of the jokes not being based on these well defined characters.
    - The pace isn't very consistent but this happens in films where there are often highs and lows in terms of action. I'm sure that the DVD "feature length" cut will feel more natural and will certainly flow better.
    - I haven't seen Blade Runner but feel like there could be a few less references, though the references haven't damaged my viewing experience so far.
    - The emotional scenes are reminiscent of Series 2 observation dome scenes. Definitely not a bad thing.
    - Episode two really had me laughing.
    - I was really unsure about the whole meta idea but I feel they've done it well.
    - No joke has made me cringe. Lack of audience/awkward pauses have at times, but no written joke has.

Oh and I've seen a lot of complaints saying "What's happened in the last nine years?" and "Why are there 2 holograms?"
    WATCH THE EPISODES. Lack of Holly is explained, Kochanski's death is explained, Rimmer notes that there shouldn't be two holograms and Katerina avoids the question implying that this isn't a script fault but obviously a clue as to something fishy going on, what happened to Lister in those years has been explained, the reason Lister left the tap running has been explained. The only thing missing is Rimmer's death but the flood story mentions him being caught in the flood, he could have possibly died then.

I like that things haven't always been spelled out but some things have just been hinted at. Join the dots.
    I definitely prefer this to some "Tikka to Ride" style explanation which takes up valuable episode minutes. I believe it's been done better than the "Backwards" intro as well since people actually listen to the script. Or at least I thought they did.

20. plantejr

plantejr Third Technician

Agreed :-D