VERY IMPORTANT more red dwarf!! anti petition

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by slappyslack, Apr 12, 2009.

1. jacksmith

jacksmith Catering Officer

as much as i love what Doug has done, he needs someone with him to help. A new director: Ed Bye? and a co writer, could be rob or someone else, i just think it a shame because he's being a bit of a jack of all trades master of none.

2. fluffz

fluffz Skutter

lister gets kochanski in series 22 ;-)

3. Philthehippy

Philthehippy Skutter

I can see it now when im old and senile. where the bloody hell is series 9. can we please have a series 10

4. tschex

tschex Skutter

More Red Dwarf! I remember those special nights I was allowed to stay up late with my parents and uncle watching Red Dwarf marathons on channel 9, I was just a kid so I didn't really understand alot of the jokes, but I laughed anyway (probably because of their antics!). I've basically grown up on Red Dwarf, even though it wasn't a huge deal where I'm from (Seattle), my family absolutely loved it! I never thought I'd see the day when the 'boys from Dwarf' return, but they have! It totally brings me back to my childhood, and I hope to see more seasons in the future! I will def. buy the BTE dvd when it hits shelves in the states, WooHOO Red Dwarf!

5. steve101

steve101 Skutter

You can never get too much Red Dwarf. This is by far one of the best British comedies. Not sure I have one friend who doesn't like this programme. I have watched every series countless times and they never loose there comedy value. Please don't ever stop making these! MORE please! :-D,

P.S Its nice to see the original characters in good form after such a long break. I think everyone of the characters has a strong and distinct personality. The actors are irreplaceable and key to the future success of Red Dwarf.

Cheers,

Steve

6. grownsomuch09

grownsomuch09 Third Technician

I want more! I will buy the BTE as soon as there is a US release! I figured that's why this special was made... but no 9th??? What does this mean?? Is it included in a BTE 3~disc special????

7. drmastermind

drmastermind Skutter

we needs us more red dwarf!!!!!!

8. adamsmeggingwells

adamsmeggingwells Skutter

to the person saying that we not fans because we did not rate bte....

we are fans we want more red dwarf a lot more but it has to be old skool to a point the new incarnation was a let down we only want the best for red dwarf!

ps doug get series 9 and 10 sorted buddy!

9. Narkolepzy

Narkolepzy Skutter

10. BRIJcnt

BRIJcnt Skutter

Agreed :-)

11. jameszzz

jameszzz Skutter

Please give us a new series... please please please... How can TV stations spend money on crap reality shows and neglect something as good as Red Dwarf? I was 18 when I first watched this, and my (teenage) kids have seen most of the episodes (they don't realise how old it was!!) and loved it. I know the humour can be a bit grown up but I think kids are more at risk from the banal rubbish they're subjected to.

I can't believe none of the terrestrial channels wanted it. Perhaps the BBC think that the only programs they can make should be costume dramas or celebrity paint your fingernails on ice, but surely there is a place for innovative and original comedy like Red Dwarf? Well done Dave - for having the gumption to take it on.

Back to Earth ? Back to TV !!!
    :-D

Jim

12. kochanskitis

kochanskitis Third Technician

yes much more needed

13. SXWolfgang

SXWolfgang Third Technician

More for smegs sake!

14. b33tage2

b33tage2 Skutter

MORE! MORE MORE.. I WANT MORE :-D we all want more :-)
    you should just go to dave and go "look after the realise of these episodes look at how many active members their was on the forums / new registers / view etc im sure if they saw the stats they would be shocked.
    http://www.google.com/trends?q=red+dwarf&ctab=0&geo=all&date=mtd&sort=0 that means from my gathering since its been shown people searching for red-dwarf has gone up by 6X the average of the previous days

15. crushbit

crushbit Skutter

More please!! I don't care who writes it, I have no complaints. The actors have always been what makes this show great--not the sets, budget, even writing. Whatever mess these guys get into I want to see it. And I'll buy it too!

16. DaleBennett

DaleBennett Third Technician

yeaah theres got to be more! series 10! or 9 :S whatever just do it lol8)

17. Kaluss

Kaluss Third Technician

I not only want more red dwarf in series format... I NEED MORE!!!

:!:

18. aceduder

aceduder Catering Officer

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

19. Terraform

Terraform Skutter

I think Doug is takin the piss , although i thought the new episodes where ok, they are distinctly substandard compared to the other series which on many occasions made me cry with laughter.
    Blackmailing die hard fans who have already put hundreds if not thousands of pounds into Red Dwarf that if they dont by something he couldnt be arsed to make better , he will not make anymore.
    What a prick.
    He should be sending all people who have bought the previous episodes on DVD a copy of Back to Earth FOC to thank them for buying the others.
    The actors where blatantly in the comfort zone and didnt get into character effectivly as they have previously.
    No doubt because of lack of wanting to pay them to practice or them not taking it seriously, either way it should have been dealt with at the top level.
    The dialogue was week and it lacked the humour and the chemistry i have grown to love.
    The plot was good, nice and fresh but the rest let me down.

Bottom line , Spend time making something good and people will buy it, die hard fans or not, dont black mail us so you can get 3 skiing holidays a year instead of 2,
    They could save money by cutting out some special effects.
    The ones put in arent fantastic and they are pointless anyway considering Dwarf has always been character and story based which in my view was its strength.

20. Kevan1888

Kevan1888 Skutter

YES, OH GOD YES!!! MORE!!! MORE!!! MORE!!!