VERY IMPORTANT more red dwarf!! anti petition

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by slappyslack, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Paulomac420

Paulomac420 Skutter

More please Doug!! Great to see the boys back, finally.

2. illitrate

illitrate Skutter

i really really enjoyed BTE
    while it wasn't quite as good as i had hoped it would be, it was far far far better than i feared it would likely be

where do i sign to show my support for another series? or even another 72 minute special?

i can understand why some people feel disapointed, we've waited so long, nostalgia has turned the old episodes into the very definition of cult comedy, and no show after 10 years away would ever live up to that.

3. joeyo88

joeyo88 Skutter

definalty need more, bring back the good old cheesy jokes! loved the 3 parter when u finally put it all together and work out the storyline on why it happened.

and i love how all the haters havent posted here yet except maybe 2!!! :-D

roll on season 10

4. Windfola

Windfola Third Technician

Hell yeah! Of course I want more! I watched all three episodes together earlier, and after doing that I really just can't understand the hatred coming from so many people. It really felt like proper Red Dwarf to me. It managed to be both comfortably familiar as well as new and refreshing. Thumbs up to all who were involved. Well done guys! :-D

5. leiwolf

leiwolf Skutter

Lancashire, deep deep space, past the big planet w
    I would love to see a new series of red dwarf, I enjoyed BTE althou for some reason i am sad enough to miss the canned laugher, sigh.
    I love seeing those that take it far too seriously and analyse it far too much it a wonder they enjoy anything at all
    I say let enjoy it for what it is, a fantastic sitcom with characters we all love, even rimmer.

ps Bring back queeg

Lei

6. wannabe

wannabe First Technician

Guess what dvd everyone is going to get for their birthday and Christmas this year.
    :-D
    MORE MORE MORE

7. con_leason

con_leason Skutter

deff want more red dwarf ... and their wont be a series 9 because they wont want to continue in anyway from the last ep of series 8 because now the actors are old they couldnt show how rimmer escapes etc because he would have aged 10 years.

8. Chappie269

Chappie269 Skutter

Hell yes!!!!

Have to make a new series
    1. to tie up some loose ends
    2. to make up for the weird and sorry to say not so good BTE special
    3. reapy the fans for all their loyalty and restore Red Dwarf to it's former glory. Don't leave a classic sitcom with the dodgey ending of series 8 and not so special "BTE special"

I don't need a series 9 watching a 10 year older rimmer showing how he escaped red dwarf an how they were all saved. Just maybe some refrences mentioned in a few scenes during the opening to series 10? Or maybe a series of sequences that the crew have to deal with at the start of series 10 due to their actions in series 8.

9. Noodle

Noodle Skutter

More please :-D

10. Axeface

Axeface Skutter

I can see the fact that the cast are getting older being a very very very good thing for red dwarf.
    An aging spacebum, a malfuncioning (almost expiring :P ) droid, an hologram slowing overcoming his neurosis, and.... as for the cat, now a completely vain aging cat would be hilarious. On a city sized spaceship chasing one women to the ends of the universe... funny stuff :-)

So much room for plot! PLEASE DOUG DO IT! I'll have your babies.
    I loved BTE by the way. Thank you.

11. lame_excuse

lame_excuse Skutter

i want more red dwarf but ill never pay for back to earth.

12. DaleBennett

DaleBennett Third Technician

Moreee! bring on series 10

13. Julia

Julia Catering Officer

moreeeeeeee

14. sniffer

sniffer Skutter

Would like to see at least another full series and the movie if it ever happens. The movie doesnt have to carry on from any part of the series does it, a feature episode where they actually do return to earth and it's not a dream :?:

15. Vociferous

Vociferous Skutter

We definately want more RD please keep it the smeg alive :-)

16. Chooky88

Chooky88 Third Technician

I've bought em all and I will buy this!

I'm so sad I even kept the covers when I threw out the old VHS cassettes. WILL NEVER SELL!!!!

17. slappyslack

slappyslack Third Technician

its not a case of blackmail its the fact that money was very tight for BTE and money will be tight unless dave and the other companys pay them to make another, we can just help them by buying the dvd thats all.

18. TriggerHappyCathal

TriggerHappyCathal Third Technician

Doug, ignore ALL the negative comments BTE was fantastic and make more Red Dwarf!
    I am really excited about it coming on Blu-Ray!

19. jamboman

jamboman Skutter

Hell yeah i want more red dwarf, it's been off the box for far to long. Im watching BTE at the moment, got it paused just so i could register on here. Going back to watch it now. RED DWARF # 1.

20. evelyn

evelyn Third Technician

Well, I wouldn't tell Doug to ignore ALL the negative comments, some of them are quite valid so, he should take them on board and work around them when writing the new series. I see BTE as an experiment to guage whether it would be as popular today as it had been in the past and, by all accounts, it is! - it just wasn't the best story or the best way or the best channel to show it, however, it is Red Dwarf and I want a new series just as much as anyone!.

As I said before, as much as I hated it split into 3 parts, I think they were justified in doing this so that the 'shock and awe' that certainly occured to me, would be over and done with by the time they showed the 3 parts in succession on Monday, by which time my brain had settled down enough to allow me sit back and actually enjoy the whole experience of the episodes.

As much as I applaud the Dave channel for allowing us this morsel of Red Dwarf, it was just that, a morsel brought about by low budget and tight filming constraints - we took the bait, of course we did, we're that hungry for more Red Dwarf but, in order to satisfy our hunger in the longer run, the bait has to be much plumper and jucier if it wants to attract and keep the viewers.

I have to say though, I'm not entirely sure if the Dave channel is the best medium to show a new series, not only due to probably low budget again but the worst enemy is the adverts - adverts break the flow of continuity. Another reason I'm not sure about the Dave channel is, not everybody has access to cable, so they would be losing a potential audience who has to wait until the dvd's came out - not a good marketing move imo.

However it comes out, I'm still looking forward to a new Red Dwarf series, I just hope the adverts don't spoil it :-)