WANTED: Back to Earth DVD cover

Discussion in 'THE RECUPERATION LOUNGE' started by TheSirSpence, Jan 5, 2018.

1. TheSirSpence

TheSirSpence Skutter

Basingstoke, UK, Europe, Third Planet (Earth), SOL
    Hi All,

Firstly I have done all the usual searches and I can't find anything that matches my request. Also apologies if this is in the wrong forum, it seemed the most appropriate.

Lets just say that I have a special type of OCD that restricts itself to DVD and book shelves. I have spent many an hour ranting to people about how season 1 of, lets say, Quantum Leap, has a picture of Sam on the spine and so doesn't match all the others - and you can substitute QL for pretty much any show... ever.

This is why I find the Red Dwarf DVDs, with their reversible covers, to be an absolute stroke of genius. On one hand the cover that the Marketing Guru's believe will shift more copies and the reverse is there to make nerds like me happy.

This is where Back to Earth comes in, I get that this got the case that was in the show and it's supposed to be very meta..... but that doesn't stop me hiding that one DVD as opposed to putting it, in pride of place, between VIII and X.

As far as I see it I have two choices:

1. Buy a bookshelf with doors
    2. Try and replace the cover with a custom made one.
    Now there are a few covers out there, some that you have to pay for and some you don't. Now by far the best I have seen is this one by Blundell07:[​IMG]
    He made this available, in both DVD and Blu-ray, here.
    Sadly the links no longer work.

This brings me to the route of this overly long thread....... Does anyone have a copy of DVD version of this? Or has anyone made their own that will satisfy my DVD based OCD?

Thanks in advance - Spence

2. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

TheSirSpence likes this.
  3. TheSirSpence

TheSirSpence Skutter

Thanks so much but that's the Blu-ray so the it doesn't fit. sad times.

The search continues......

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  4. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

There may be an assorted few the further you go down google images really far. Also, there's an American version that somebody made over on ganymede.tv - while it won't perfectly match all your British DVDs, it will certainly be a lot closer.

TheSirSpence likes this.
  5. TheSirSpence

TheSirSpence Skutter

I've seen the one on ganymede.tv, That might have to be my fallback plan.

Still thanks for looking :-)

Abe likes this.
  6. Abe

Abe Deck Sergeant

I've already mentioned it, but here is GlenTokyo off G&T's absolutely beautiful Region 1 Back to Earth cover that even doesn't call it IX.

[​IMG]