Wasn't me.....

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by Nikki the Great, Sep 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

A great big meanie!

2. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

Might be quicker to ask who didn't.

3. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Meaning?

4. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

Pembers and Nikki the Great like this.
  5. Nikki the Great

I wouldn't like to comment on it really :P

6. Ant E

No surprise there ! Pembers is a trouble maker

7. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

That's fair, and I completely understand why you'd feel that way as a result. I guess the only real explanation I have for how that turned out is that when you initially mentioned it, obviously with Simulant being someone who was around a lot it was something that required proper and full dealing with, to take time over rather than jumping into it and potentially getting things wrong, especially as I hadn't seen the comments in question in the first place. It's on me that I wasn't able to give that situation enough time and attention before Simulant then left the forum anyway - and after he had, I guess I considered it closed when really, you're right, I should have still addressed your complaint properly and given some closure over it. Total mea culpa on that and I see why that was such a problem.

There's a difference between saying that there's a zero tolerance approach to something and actually enforcing it, and evidently in that instance I got that one wrong.

Again, apologies. From my perspective, I always felt like the chat group was a quite bewildering thing that also came off as antagonistic sometimes, so it was a difficult situation to navigate when I did poke my head in. I guess talking to JMC about DJ was really just latching on to the fact that he's someone I actually know and know approaches me in a reasonable way, but I see how it might have come off that I was just being rude/ignoring others. It all stems, I guess, from not really knowing exactly how people see you or how they're going to approach you, you tend to more naturally have your guard up. Again, if I'd understood at the time what was really going on then I might have been able to deal with that better.

That one you're mentioning there, yes, I do recall that I think I was using JMC as a bit of a "go-between" to try and resolve things. I think what I meant there though was the more recent one where I'd talked to JMC about PJH. In general, unless I've said "Feel free to pass this on" (which I did in the case of that earlier one) I do feel that anything said in a PM should stay that way, and would obviously expect that to work both ways too (with the exception of harassing/abusive messages being reported, of course!)

For my part, that was born out of exasperation that it didn't seem like a situation where anything further constructive could be done - Harry was gone, things seemed like they'd died down, it was apparently over - but the lingering resentment meant that it was difficult to move on from it and it was infecting everything that went on on the forum. Again, with the benefit of hindsight I now understand a bit better why that was the case, but that - and my inability to really be able to do anything that would effectively resolve it - explains why I was exasperated. Again, apologies.

Just on the subject of PJH - since you mentioned them here although I'm not specifically responding to what you've said there - I find it notable that he's been on the forum since this thread started but hasn't yet commented on this particular situation or addressed it. I find it further notable that he has filed reports against a couple of accounts that he says belong to existing users - I'd just like to state for the record that there is not actually a rule on this forum against having multiple accounts. So there's no point reporting those, thank you.

(The only time that "sockpuppetry" is an issue is when it's being used by a person who has been banned in another guise. I should think that would be self-evidently obvious, really, and I assume everyone can understand the distinction.)

Pembers, Nikki the Great, Abe and 2 others like this.
  8. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    Can't believe anyone would "complain" about Ant E personally. I've seen nothing complainable he's posted. You don't like him........ block/ignore him simple as that. As adults in here it would seem we could take care of petty squabbles by ourselves and not have to involve Seb. (my early morning rant)

Besides........ hehehehe skewering Mr. Ant E is MY job! (with assistance from the other b's)

Nikki the Great likes this.
  9. Ant E

:sulk:

10. BigOleDummy

yeah, you're right. The RealBigOleDummy© needs NO assistance. I was just trying to be polite.

11. Ant E

Well would you like to know my thoughts?!?!?!?

Simple: the next Q&A should be with.... @PeeJayHarvey !!! Although I do think he should reply (to agree to Q&A plus any terms with it, at least)...!

12. BigOleDummy

Well said! There's no restrictions on how many interviews can go on at a time. @neilold and @PeeJayHarvey could both be subjects with the first to answer the first to see "print" as it were.

Of course, NOBODY can or will best the ratings for MY interview! Just sayin

13. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Just to clarify on one point I made above - Danny has actually contacted me on a mailbox I hadn't checked when writing the above. Therefore, my comment about him not weighing in is not the case. I’ll be dealing with/replying to that separately but there’s no need for it to continue here now.

14. Ant E

Can we see?

15. Nikki the Great

Ok thank you Seb, this has all been very helpful to me personally. Thanks for reading and understanding my point of view. I accept your apologies and appreciate your reasoning. It gives me closure and I'm happy to move on from it.

Hopefully there'll be no further issues with Danny either, for anyone.

BigOleDummy, Pembers, Cloud and 2 others like this.
  16. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

Here here. Also while everyone is at it I think everyone should chip in and buy me a present. Then we can truly put all this behind us.

Nikki the Great and jmc2000 like this.
  17. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

18. BigOleDummy

How about a bunch of presents?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  19. Nikki the Great