well it's nearly October

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by neilold, Sep 28, 2017.

1. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

I know he's made more, I just count the Friday sequels as better in terms of numbers of good sequels, rather than Freddie's sequels. I actually don't mind the ff remake,it's not great, but compared to the nightmare one it's like watching fellini. Still each to his own, and I do like the original nightmare on elm Street, and both film franchises certainly have their stinkers

2. neilold

Are you aware just how gay nightmare in elm part two is big old! It's a gay classic. Leather bars, sadistic games teachers,pants being pulled down on the sports field, shower scenes with towel whipping and a tied up young jock! Apparently the director didn't really cotton on believe it or not

BigOleDummy likes this.
  3. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    I can agree with that. I watch a Halloween movie every now and then. (Yes, I LIKED H2o!) I also agree that not all the Elm Street movies were up to par. But Freddy will always be my favorite. I like his funny taunt's and the playful, ironic way that he kill's. And as I said, he's the first NEW supernatural monster to come down the pike in a long time. My main horror likes these days though are the REAL monsters among us. Silence of the Lambs (I know I know but Buffalo Bill and Hannibal Lector ARE monsters. The Crew/Family of House of 1000 corpses and The Devils Rejects and the like. These are REAL monsters and they DO walk among us.

4. BigOleDummy

Yep, I know

5. neilold

Yeah,me to, I love hillbilly horror, specially the wrong turn series. Also the devil's rejects, as they're basically the modern day sawyer chainsaw massacre family. And I pretty much worship at the feet of victor crowley

BigOleDummy likes this.
  6. BigOleDummy

Can't go wrong with Leatherface! (based on a true story as you no doubt know)

7. neilold

Yeah, though ed gein has only the most tenuous of links

8. BigOleDummy

We ,as a people, come up with more than our fair share of Ed Geins it seems like.

9. neilold

Oh yes, of course, real life Is always a hundred times more scary than any horror could ever be. My signature is also a quote of choptop's from the texas chainsaw massacre two

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  10. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

I like Freddy but I have always preferred Jason. (I cant believe I have got sucked into a Horror discussion)