Well... [RDXI]

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by ReflexReaction, Jun 24, 2016.

1. ReflexReaction

ReflexReaction Third Technician

That XI synopsis doesn't cover the XI episode that I watched... so... they must have shuffled around the order for broadcast?

2. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

The episode synopsis has five plots, not six, so there is at least one episode which is a total mystery.

Not to mention that a few of those plot points could be part of one episode. You could have an episode where the Dwarfers come across a younger crew, who Kryten wants to join, whilst Rimmer accidentally saves the captain and is promoted to officer aboard their ship, and Lister finds parts of himself are missing (taken by a droid on the new ship).

3. ReflexReaction

ReflexReaction Third Technician

Smarty pants :-)

4. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

One of them was the episode I saw (which was the third filmed). I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

5. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

Woo Hoo, I'm super excited now. 8)

6. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

Which one?

7. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

Kryten having a mid-life crisis. It was rather fun and much funnier than your would expect.

8. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

Ah phew! Was worried as the description of that (only that one) sounds awful!!!
    :lol:

9. Pendo

Pendo Supply Officer

A few people have expressed concern over that idea but it is a gooden and doesn't go in the direction you would think. I only saw one episode of Series XI, but people who saw more said this was the weakest of the series but still a good one. If this is the weakest then I'm looking forward to the others!! :-D

It wasn't so much a rumour, it's been confirmed for about 2 years and many people went to see the episodes recorded. But you're right, September can't come soon enough!! Welcome to the forum :-D

10. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

Wasn't the third one the everyone-is-Kryten episode, if memory serves...? :?

11. Dismembers

Dismembers Deck Sergeant

Careful now. ;-)

12. Callisto252

Callisto252 Supply Officer

Wasn't that the first one from XII? I'm just remembering some of the comments from the set reports. I'm not too sure I like the sound of the 'Kryten has a mid-life crisis' one either - it sounds worryingly like a synopsis from the 'create an episode' thread! But everyone who saw it seems to say it was good, so perhaps there's no cause for alarm.

13. Strat-tastic

:shock: :lol:

I recall one of the early set reports hinted it was the episode everyone knew about, which I inferred to mean that one.

14. R.I.P. 2000

R.I.P. 2000 Deck Sergeant

I think the synopses sound great! The Rimmer episode, certainly, sounds like a classic Dwarf plot. Roll on September :-)

15. Stephen

Stephen Console Officer

Down with this sort of thing!

Looking forward to September even more now! :-D

16. djmcbell

djmcbell Supply Officer

Nope. I went to the "everyone-is-Kryten" episode (not that I would say such a thing existed, spoiler policy and all), which was the first one in series XII, and the seventh recorded. Dan Pendo says he went to "Kryten's midlife crisis", which he said is the third recorded.

Even I got confused and thought that the two may be the same episode, for reasons I won't disclose, but they're not.

17. Strat-tastic

Oh OK, so it's Kryten's 'Holoship' episode (leaving for a better crew) :twisted: :lol:

18. Callisto252

Interesting that they're addressing the issue of the crew's age as that didn't really come up in X (beyond that one deleted scene). Though I'm not sure what constitutes a mid-life crisis for a centuries-old robot who was past his use-by date in series III!

I remember one episode was described as having 'genuine moments of body horror', or something along those lines - surely refers to the body-part-stealing droid one? I hope it's nothing too gross as I'm rather squeamish :shock:

19. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Though I recall that the one with the body horror moments was said to be a Rimmer centric episode, so I guess we will have to see.

20. Callisto252

You're right, that was from the G&T review of episode 4 - the one they called very Rimmer-heavy. In fact going on the set reports for XI there doesn't seem to be a Lister-centric episode at all, so perhaps the body part stuff is a smaller part of an ensemble ep.?