What about a Red Dwarf book series while we wait

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by VitasV, Mar 28, 2010.

1. VitasV

VitasV Third Technician

Just a thought, like what Doctor Who did during it's time off-air where it had numerous novels released, why doesn't Red Dwarf do the same thing. A book maybe released nearly every month to 3 months. A new original story and they don't just have to be written by Doug and Rob but by also other authors.
    Just something for us Red Dwarviens to pass the time by :-)

2. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

I'd like to see another book at some point. But I dont think theyd be able to have a book written before the new series is finished.

3. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I'd love another novel, but only if it were written by Rob or Doug.

I wouldn't even bother reading one written by anyone else.

4. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

I'd only want it written by Rob or Doug too

5. telegramsam

telegramsam First Technician

I don't think different authors would necessarily be a bad thing as long as they don't get too weird and keep the characters' personalities etc consistent.

It's not like Dwarf has any real continuity to worry about. :P

6. CallMeAce

CallMeAce Third Technician

maybe they should try and get a guest writer to right a smaller novel and see how it's received. Although having said that it wouldnt feel the same.

7. Weevil

Weevil Deck Sergeant

Don't think I would bother unless it was written by Rob or Doug either.

8. Baxters_Hooch

Baxters_Hooch Supply Officer

I'm the opposite, I'd like to see a full line of RD books by a variety of authors, much like the ones found in most sci-fi franchises. Obviously all approved by Rob and/or Doug though.

9. backtoreality

backtoreality Supply Officer

love the books!!! great idea and comic books there's so much life left in Red Dwarf wish it goes back to the hay day of the late 80's early 90's :-D

10. Almighty_crj

Almighty_crj First Technician

Poor Andrew. He does write as well you know!

I'm well up for a novelisation of existing episodes [In my mind, Epideme through Back in the Red would make a great novel!]
    Or a script book? Season 1 would be good. With Bodysnatcher and that extra material from Me2.

11. SoundableObject

SoundableObject Catering Officer

Yeh, I'd love a new novel or a script book for each series in the style of the Series VIII one.

I'd like novelisations but we already have alot of episodes adapted into the 4 previously released novels (off the top of my head, 'The End', 'Future Echoes', 'Me2', 'Kryten', 'Better Than Life', 'Backwards', 'Marooned', 'Polymorph', 'White Hole' (written after the novel I think so that was the other way around) and 'Dimension Jump')

12. goldy_T_O_T

goldy_T_O_T Deck Sergeant

Ont Canada eating cat nip and drinking Milk
    Weird, was thinking of this too the other day while flipping though my Lost in space and DS9 coffee books. One was done in a manual format which is pretty boring if you ask me but I have it any how for reference and the other book was all about the making of, the actor/actresses and other things. They should make a coffee book on the show and have a "the making of and those sorts of things" with glorious glossy pics. That would be nice. :-)