What I think happened after Only The Good...

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Oddheads, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Oddheads

Oddheads Second Technician

So basically, my theory is that after the end of series 8, the original Rimmer flies up to the ship as Ace, but on the way, crahses into a planetoid that get knocked into the white hole. Since a white hole has 2 ends, an entrance and exit, he has completely blocked up the white hole. This pushes everyone (Including Kochanski because reasons) back in time to the original White Hole episode. However, they still remember everything. This would make for an interesting 'Series 9' as Original Rimmer, Lister, Cat, Kryten and Kochanski have to avoid their past selves. At the end of 'Series 9' they steal Red Dwarf while the past crew are on an ocean moon battling a Despair Squid. This would explain why Red Dwarf is it's original size and shape. This would also mean the nanobots never stole Red Dwarf, but it was a ruse set up by the futurey crew so they could get Red Dwarf back.

2. Sammy Psycho

Sammy Psycho Deck Sergeant

Erm, ok, Nice of you to think of something but it doesn't fit in with anything really.:?

3. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

How on earth can Rimmer completely block up the white hole?!? :roll:

4. Oddheads

Rimmer blocked up the white hole by crashing the Ace Rimmer ship into a planet, therefore causing the planet to be pulled out of orbit and sucked into the white hole.

5. Oddheads

Rimmer blocked up the white hole by crashing the Ace Rimmer ship into a planet, therefore causing the planet to be pulled out of orbit and sucked into the white hole.

6. simulant37

Err, ok. Not sure how crashing into a planet could cause it to go out of orbit...this idea seems very ill-conceived sir/madam

7. Oddheads

Because... Erm... Smeg, you got me there. Anyway, it's just a theory that I wanted to share. Also, this is my first time on the forum.

8. Presuming Ken

Presuming Ken Deck Sergeant

Good on you. I like your thinking. That's the good thing about TV, we can join our own dots :-)

9. Ant the Dragon

Ant the Dragon Flight Co-Ordinator

Apologies for the patronising posts to your theory, Oddheads. Thankfully not everyone is the same round here...

10. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Not entirely sure about the White Hole stuff, but I think the idea of having Red Dwarf be stolen at the end of BTR by the crew from post-Only the Good is cracking - and very Red Dwarf-ish! - one.

11. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

I like how it has been left open for the viewer to draw their own conclusion.

12. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

Interesting theory. :-)

13. simulant37

As do I...

14. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

Good stuff, Bro

15. angelcakes83

angelcakes83 Third Technician

I think that sounds like a fanfiction prompt...

Wouldn't Ace Rimmer block an entire white hole with his massive fringe? (Notice I didn't say "bangs" 8)