What is the biggest Predator or dangerous animal you've seen in the wild?

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by BigOleDummy, Sep 26, 2017.

1. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    I've seen Black Bears less than a hundred feet from me.
    I've had a 10/12 foot Alligator chase me. (funny story behind that)
    I've HEARD but didn't see a Cougar/Mountain Lion. Yes, they sound just like in the movies and that was probably the most scared I've been due to wildlife.
    Heard and seen wolves many times.
    Heard/seen/killed Rattlesnakes. (tough and chewy to eat.)
    Sharks within 20 feet of me, no cage.
    Coyotes ....... well, they don't really count. They are starting to encroach ....well, everywhere now. Cities even. Cowardly unless cornered too, so less dangerous to Humans.

Paul Taylor likes this.
  2. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Foxes.

We don't get many mountain lions, alligators and rattlesnakes in England.

3. BigOleDummy

No Bears either? I didn't think you'd have cougars, gater's or rattlers there but maybe bears or wolves.

4. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Nope. No bears or wolves either.

5. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

A puma escaped from a zoo near one place I lived. It was never caught but for a while it kept appearing in the local park at night. I only saw it once myself, and it was just running in the distance, but the idea of it used to scare me a lot.

BigOleDummy likes this.
  6. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

I had a frog that used to try and throw itself in front of a car. The Police said it wanted to KERMIT suicide...

Nikki the Great likes this.
  7. Nikki the Great

Hahhahahaahhahahahaha...oh wait...that was me wasn't it. Damn.

8. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

Seen a stag in Scotland, that was pretty cool and majestic . Other than that , just your standard European hunters, saw what I thought was a servil, or a lynx, or one of those hunting cats jobbies in Spain once

9. BigOleDummy

Did you get to hear it? Pumas another name for mountain lion or cougar, and man...... the roar is bone chilling. Especially when you can't see it...... and its night........ brrrrrrrrrr

10. Nikki the Great

I never heard it myself, but I do remember the people in the houses closest to the park saying about the noise it made, so I can believe that, eek!

11. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

King brown snake is the most dangerous thing I have seen in the wild. But I also see them around my yard all the time and in my house once.

Most dangerous predator I have seen in the wild is a fox. The creepy crawlies are more dangerous then the large mammals.

Cassowaries are probably the most dangerous large bird I have been near.

I have seen bull sharks and white pointers at the beach but they haven't been to close to me.

12. sundayforsammy

sundayforsammy Deck Sergeant

Seen a big bear in Yosemite once but no where near as scary My Ex girlfriend.

13. BigOleDummy

Oh, I forgot ........... a Manta Ray. Seen Moose and Elk wild too, but I don't really consider them dangerous. They can be though.

14. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

No, because we wiped them all out!:crying: Same reason we no longer have dragons and cockatrices, no doubt. There are wild boar in some parts of the UK now though. And I believe wolves have been reintroduced to certain parts of Scotland.

15. BigOleDummy

Also saw a ........... 12 to 15 foot snake while camping in the Everglades. It was reared up and was close to being able to look eye to eye with me. Bright yellow/goldish in color. Freaked me out I am not ashamed to admit! Asked a Ranger at the welcome center what it was but she didn't know, said they are STILL finding new species there on a regular basis! That fact was amazing to me. Wasn't big around enough to be a python. yeah...... there's pythons there now. People get tired of their "pets" and release them to the wild. They actually had a python hunt there recently due to there being too many and they are hurting the native species. Imagine that.................

16. Paul Taylor

I think the biggest predator I've been near outside of a zoo is a fox, but that was in Chelsea so I don't know whether it counts as 'in the wild".

17. BigOleDummy

Foxes are making a comeback of sorts here. Was almost hunted to extinction in many parts of the U.S. but starting to see them on a more regular basis nowadays.

18. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Paul, welcome back to the forum. Is this a brief visit or are you sticking around?

19. Paul Taylor

Thank you, Bluey. Nice to see you again, and I hope you're well! I plan to hang around the place for the duration of RDXII, and perhaps chip in to subsequent discussions for a while. I see the old place has been spruced up. It's very nice, but I've lost my screen name (which was my real name), so now I'm my username, which is a character from Greek mythology, and not my name at all. (Imagine the beatings I'd have got at school!) I don't expect that's something that can be changed. Nevermind! :-)

20. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

It can be changed - just ask Seb. The new forum is a massive improvement over the last one. It's so user friendly now. Also, the general atmosphere has improved considerably since you were last here.

PeeJayHarvey likes this.