What is the latest reference for humans existing?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

The assumption is that humanity died out while Lister was stasis. Can we establish a terminus post quem for humanity's presumed extinction? For example in Out of Time we encounter the Gemini 12, and we are told it was crewed by humans from the 28th century. So humanity continued to exist for at least seven centuries while Lister was in stasis. Are there any later attestations to humans still existing?

This is not counting humans in stasis, humans in stasis in the form of monkeys, humans from alternative dimensions, humans resurrected by nanobots, or anything in between. I mean proper human civilisation(s) still existing in the main timeline.

2. R.I.P. 2000

R.I.P. 2000 Deck Sergeant

I think your example is the last reference. The only other one I can think of, later than the 23rd Century, is Rimmerworld - and that's earlier:

3. Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century

Deep_Space_in_the_15th_Century Supply Officer

In DNA, Spare Head 3 says he's 30,000 years old. So, unless mechs were manufacturing their own spare heads, humans still existed 30,000 years ago.

4. Zombie Smurf

Zombie Smurf Supply Officer

I think, androids and computers produce their spare parts themselves without human asistance - they need to survive, so they need spare parts. This is probably the reason, why JMC still exist and works 3 000 000 years in the future and it's computer still works - they mine raw materials for producing ships, androids, computers etc.

5. Dismembers

Dismembers Deck Sergeant

Remember Mandem had droid rot too, might have thought he was 30,000.