What kind of hat is it Lister wears in IV-VI

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Snow Cloud, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Snow Cloud

Snow Cloud Console Officer

He has that hat with the big fuzzy sides they he wears backwards in series IV AND V then accidentally swaps it for the ploymorph in VI. It is a fearsome hat what is it.

2. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I forget what they're called. I used to have one in that style though. (I didn't wear it all that much.) Mind you, it was green and it had a strap that went around the chin so the ear flaps were kept in place. Made for a nice snug fit for the ears, but might have looked a tad silly.

3. Red_Dwarf_Heroes_Lost_Fan

Red_Dwarf_Heroes_Lost_Fan Supply Officer

3,000,000 years into deep space. (otherwise, Dubli
    I have absolutely no idea whatsoever.

4. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I think it's called a deerstalker, yes. The flaps are usually up, but you can pull em down to protect the ears on chilly days.

5. GTaDave

GTaDave Catering Officer

Driving an Italia Gagliano, The Grizzly Circuit, M
    whats that russian hat that the russian army wears when its winter? Is that a deerstalker too?

6. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

Lister's hat is indeed a deerstalker, also famously worn by Sherlock Holmes.
    I think the russian army hat is a Ushanka, I could (most likely) be wrong about that though.

7. Windfola

Windfola Third Technician

Out of curiosity I just did a Google image search to compare. Below you can see Lister's hat, a Deerstalker on the lower left corner, and a Ushanka on the right side. Lister's hat isn't exactly like either of them really.

[​IMG]

8. missadventure

missadventure Second Technician

Finding one of these to wear as Debbie Lister for the BTL conventionwas no easy feat - the one I ended up buying was the closest I could find but it looked stupidly huge on my head lol. Very toasty though! :lol:

9. lord_velos

lord_velos Skutter

I have been searching for an exact replica of that hat for about 4 years now. I have found NOTHING that even comes close! If anyone knows where to find that hat please post where I can buy one.

10. nicky_j

nicky_j Deck Sergeant

The one on the bottom right looks like a cat bed

11. pole85

pole85 First Technician

kinda looks like a leather baseball hat with fur around it and a strap across the top shouldn't be that hard to make one

12. goldy_T_O_T

goldy_T_O_T Deck Sergeant

Ont Canada eating cat nip and drinking Milk
    Add the hat from the flying nun and you'd have a flying hat brigade. :-D

13. tortexturtle

tortexturtle First Technician

I've been looking for the one Lister wears in the first 2 series. Example here. Also impossible to find. Which is probably why GNP themselves use a different hat in later series ;-)

Anyways, I've been looking for about 9 years now. I remember back in 2000, while I was attending college at Kent State University, I ran into this Russian guy who was at Kent State studying abroad. Real cool guy, hung out with him a few times. Talked to him about witnessing Russia's change in government in the 90's and stuff. But anyways, the day I met him he was wearing THE EXACT hat that Lister wears in the first 2 series. I complimented him on it, and then of course asked if I could buy it from him. He laughed and said "no". So I asked him where he got it from, and he says "Russia". That was the extent of the details he gave. Fast forward a couple of years. I run into him and ask him about the hat. And get this: Someone stole it from him! So I guess it's not the easiest hat to come by as his got stolen.

14. stephypops

stephypops Catering Officer

I have also googled this hat to death and figure the best solution is purchase a leather cap and a wide piece of thick grey faux fur and speak nicely to someone with haberdashery skills and possibly pay them ;-) to make the desired item! :-D

15. tortexturtle

tortexturtle First Technician

yeah. when i google just "leather cap" there are quite a few that look like Lister's hat sans fur. good call, krytie tv:gold

16. stephypops

stephypops Catering Officer

Cheers m'dear! It would seem like the best option. :-) Possibly the cheaper option if you manage to get one from a charity shop too.

17. JennyDee

JennyDee Third Technician

Dragging out an old topic, but I have Lister's hat, but need to know where I can find the star and Y-shaped beaded thing to decorate it. Anyone ever have any luck finding the accessories? Ta!