What was the worst job you ever had?

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by BigOleDummy, Sep 27, 2017.

1. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    I've had a few "bad" jobs , but the absolute WORST by far was ........................ steady now..
    ............. drink some Pepto to sooth your stomach .................. ready? OK. I squeezed fish butts for about a month. Nasty, horrible! Broke my toe there the first day too, which made it all the more enjoyable. (dropped a 50 lb. block of ice on it) Worked at a small independent fish processing place in ....... I THINK it was Apollo Beach, just south of Tampa Florida. (long time ago ..... might have been Bradenton) They hired a bunch of us for the mullet run. Only a Temp job but paid fairly well for the time. I stood at a conveyor belt pulling these dead fish off and squeezing their butts. If white came out, it was a male and was thrown in the chum barrels/vats. If it was yellow, it was female and we tossed it to a different conveyor. Yellow was the roe and was/is(?) much more valuable. Shipped it all to Japan. The last 2 hours of the day EVERYONE packed chum. Now if you don't know what chum is ............ its all the rotten fish, the males, and the females with the roe sacks out. Ground up like in a giant sausage grinder. Fishermen take it and throw it in the water to attract other fish. Its really nasty and stinky, had to pack it by hand. Horrible!

I've also picked watermelons, very very hard work and picked oranges once. If it was up to ME , your orange juice would cost about $50 a glass. Long , hard, HOT, dusty work. The orange trees have these [​IMG] COVERING the tops of the trees. Ferocious bites that took weeks or even MONTHS to heal. (I hate spiders!!!) Very little pay too, averaged about $21 a day. Orange trees have huge thorns too, [​IMG] so always had to wear gloves and long sleeve shirts. Will NEVER pick another. Would rather go hungry.

Well that's my worst job(s). What's yours?

2. FeeBee

FeeBee Deck Sergeant

My worst job was working at a service/petrol station. My boss was an absolute dick. He thought that because he worked 18 hour days without breaks that everyone else should to beside the fact thats is is illegal here. He paid minimum wage. Worst weekend I ever worked was Easter long weekend for 8-14 hours days all 4 day non stop and my sister who worked at the bakery down the road worked 4hrs on the Saturday got paid more then me for that weekend.

It made me appreciate all the other jobs I've had.

Physically hardest was sorting vegetables to get them reay for packing. Doesn't sound hard but 12-14h (with breaks thank God) on your feet all day with loud machinery moving roten/undersize/oversides/misshaped vegetables covered in mud or dirt is physically exhausting. I did enjoy the work.

I loved it when snakes, toads, frogs mice, rats and spiders would come through and the newbies would jump back and scream. It would break up a mundane shift.

3. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    Lol, yeah its always fun to laugh at noobs, no matter what the business! :lol:

FeeBee likes this.
  4. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

working at a cardboard box factory. You made them robotically automatically, made them in your dreams at night, the place stank of cardboard boxes, and when you had your dinner it tasted of cardboard boxes

FeeBee likes this.
  5. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

I worked in McDonalds when I turned 16. Was still the worst job I ever had. Customers were all whiny moaning idiots that thought they were getting a gormet meal or were always trying to get free stuff. The management were all jobs worths who were taking their crap pathetic McDonalds job too seriously and were terrible. You had to ask permission at the end of your shift to leave even though they had stopped paying you and sometimes had some cleaning task for you to do at the end of the day. Was horrible