what will the new episodes have?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by voo7hees, Dec 8, 2009.

1. steve51184

steve51184 Skutter

hey all a few questions:

1. what's the deal with Norman Lovvett? why wont he be recalled?

2. why talks about another holly? i'm sure Hattie Hayridge would do it right? :-)

3. didn't Doug say that if there ever was more episodes after BTE that they would be set after the normal series? i'm sure he also said there would NEVER be a series 9... so won't the new episode take place after 'series 9' but before BTE?

4. why is doug s oagainst making a serise 9? i've seen a few interviews where he seems really putt off about it..

thanks all

2. Baxters_Hooch

Baxters_Hooch Supply Officer

He said some nasty things about BTE, and fell out with some fans and some of the crew.

Yeah, I would have thought so. I for one would love to see her back, moreso than Norman.

He was mainly joking with the series 9 thing, a nod to its mention in BTE. There's been a general agreement here that the new series will probably be set after BTE, due to the obvious setting up of a plot in BTE and the age of the actors.

You have? Please show!

3. Cruel Slayer

Cruel Slayer Console Officer

I assume few people want to see a return of Kochanski as a mojor character (wouldn't bother me), but what about Red Dwarf itself. The series set in Starbug were great, mostly, and proved the presence of Red Dwarf was not necessary. Would you prefer a setting in Red Dwarf, some other ship like Starbug (I quite fancy seeing the crew in the Liberator from Blake's 7 ;-) ), or somewhere completely new and original?

4. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I loved the Starbug based series too (yes, including seven!) but I'd like the new series to be set on Red Dwarf. A large section if series 8 was in the Tank (although I liked that setting) and there was the rest of the crew, so it would be nice to get the lads back to the minimal as they were at the end of BtE.

By that, I don't mean that I want the entire series to be set just on the craft with the crew, and only the crew. Away missions are certainly welcome like series 3-5. And hopefully some other characters, droids, gelfs, etc. And by gelfs I don't mean kinitawowi (or not just them). Something new!

5. steve51184

steve51184 Skutter

what kind of things did he say?

imo it would really suck if they where after BTE but hey i'm not complaining at all it's just i'd rather it continued on after series 8 and not a sort of 'spin off show'