What's wrong with Series VII and VIII?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Cepillo, Aug 3, 2010.

1. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

No I don't. :x

2. Thatmankp

Thatmankp Skutter

I have watched series VII & VIII about as many tines as I watched the rest, and it continues to make me laugh (out loud) but as I said 'in my opinion' series 4,5,& 6 were better. Now some people will agree and some wont. Some might think I'm talking like a man who has a blindfold on and his head stuck in a bucket all his life , but 'wrong' is not a debate. ooh got to go now... some smegger is at the door. byeee. :?

3. MichaelJRimmer

MichaelJRimmer Second Technician

On the Jupiter Corporation Mining Ship Red Dwarf
    Well, my problem with Series VII was that Rimmer left, and he is my favorite character. For Series VIII, I hate the crew of Red Dwarf, I understand bringing back a new Rimmer, that would have been great, because as I said, I like Rimmer, but bringing back the entire crew and changing the size? That was dumb. Also, the episodes were stupid, Pete could have been a better episode, take out the T Rex and call it Captain's Office. That would have been better, and then the last episode was just a cheap way to rid the ship of the crew, but having Ace return and give the mantle to New Rimmer would have been better.

4. simulant37

Yep, deciding to carry on without Chris Barrie was a terrible idea. But bringing back RD with a full crew, totally rewrote the premise & was even worse (from what I endured, which weren't much because it was so terrible).

5. Diet_coke

Diet_coke Science Officer

Yep, deciding to carry on without Chris Barrie was a terrible idea. But bringing back RD with a full crew, totally rewrote the premise & was even worse (from what I endured, which weren't much because it was so terrible).[/quote]

I disagree

6. simulant37

I disagree[/quote]
    OK, so what do you think was wrong with Series VII & VIII?

7. MichaelJRimmer

MichaelJRimmer Second Technician

On the Jupiter Corporation Mining Ship Red Dwarf
    Additional, I also want to say that I didn't hate Kochanski, actually making Kryten hate her was funny, since Rimmer was gone and noone else insulted Kryten. Also cutting the Cat Episode was a bad idea, that would have been amazing, right?

8. Reznor

Reznor Guest

OK, so what do you think was wrong with Series VII & VIII?[/quote]

what does anti everything err simulant errr anti everything think about it? :P

9. Diet_coke

I didn't think anything was wrong with series 7 and 8..

10. simulant37

Why you posting in this thread then? :? :x

11. simulant37

what does anti everything err simulant errr anti everything think about it? :P[/quote]
    Beg your pardon? You implying we are the same person? We have been through this? Prove it or shut up with these baseless accusations!! :x:x:x:x:x

12. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Because the question was: "what's wrong with series VIII and VIII. So he's posting his answer to that question.

13. Diet_coke

Yes, and my answer is "nothing"

In fact I haven't seen series 7 and 8 for years and years, Just watching some of series 8 on Dave, its fine. Guess it just makes me a better fan than simulant.

14. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 Deck Sergeant

It could have been funny. Unfortunately for the most part due to the way it was handled with Kryten being all petty, high pitched, whiny and jealous it generally wasn't.

As for the Cat episode, assuming that you mean the one that's on the DVD extras (Read and in story board form IIRC, it's been a while since the one time I bothered watching it), I for one am glad they cut it and think that was definitely the right decision. The premise and story seemed really pretty poor to me and I think it would have made for a very weak episode.

All just my opinion of course.

15. Reznor

Reznor Guest

Beg your pardon? You implying we are the same person? We have been through this? Prove it or shut up with these baseless accusations!! :x:x:x:x:x[/quote]

lol how would one prove it? besides your words/opinions :P
    cell phones have a different ip
    or you could always post your picture and anti can post one
    like that will ever happen hahaha ;-)

16. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Reznor I think it's time to take the high road, teasing people can be fun but you kinda seem to be actively trying to make him angry. As much as I've sometimes found simulant37 to be a pain in the butt (I won't deny that) we should treat others in the way we ourselves would like to be treated.

17. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

Unfortunately, this is what Reznor does. It's no use trying to change it.

18. Reznor

Reznor Guest

lol not teasing him, i really think this to be so, they are the same. :-D
    and trying to anger him? what does simulant not get angry by? everything makes him angry hence :x:x:x
    i think one time i saw him get angry at a puppy for being cute :O
    and dearest danial i am not like that to everyone only to a certain few that decided to be like that towards me :-)

19. ghastly98

ghastly98 First Technician

It being ridiculous is the entire point. Stoke me a Clipper is probably the best episode of Series VII for me. Worst?... Duct Soup. *shudders*

20. Reznor

Reznor Guest

tikka to ride and beyond a joke are great :-D