What's wrong with Series VII and VIII?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Cepillo, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

You what?

2. Presuming Ken

Presuming Ken Deck Sergeant

It doesn't really matter though does it? I say both 'series' and 'season'. And at the end of the day, everyone knows what i'm on about.

There is no right or wrong in this.

just say which one you like and let the others use which one they prefer too :-)

3. jaykhunter

jaykhunter Second Technician

It was only after getting the Season 7/8 DVDs that I found out the lovely music was mostly library and not Goodhall's. Had anyone heard the music used before they aired during the episodes?

4. BeeblePete

BeeblePete Skutter

What colour should the doughnut diner paper hats be? :-)

Although 'season' is less used in the UK these days the history of BBC trailers is strewn with clips touting 'the new season' and our blue box brethren seem to have forgotten that their main magazine did the same for years. It's all paper hats...

But anyway, VII and VIII?

I think any success has to flow with human nature. Those of us who were onboard early got a great ride but the original Hiatus probably came at a great time. An endless high is no high at all, eh?

Gunmen of the Apocalypse was rightly awarded; it's the climax of classic 'Dwarf in tone and style. VI ended on an oddly dramatic note and the absence of a studio audience in VII was indeed weird. I did think VIII was a return to form but again with the needlessly dramatic cliffhangers! Bozhe moi!

I've found even the less successful eps to be a joy in retrospect, but I'm easy that way. Even a sitcom episode deserves a second chance :-)

5. GurglingOoze

GurglingOoze Third Technician

At first I found series VII weak and VIII a bit forced. After watching them over and over and over again, they've both grown on me. A little Handy-dandy lobotomy with an exacto knife and a decent grooming kit and the bad parts were ok, too.

6. Thatmankp

Thatmankp Skutter

Series VII & VIII were good but I feel it lost 'the boys from the Dwarf' feel to it. But hey, any series is better than no series at all, right. Cant wait for X (thats series ten, not a kiss).;-)

7. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Wrong! :crying:

8. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

Spot on! In my opinion of course... :-D

9. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

You need to realize that just because you don't agree with it, that doesn't mean they opinion isn't valid. I more respectful way would have been to say "I disagree" because that way means that you view point differs from theirs without just telling them that they are "wrong"

10. simulant37

But Thatmankp stated that "any series is better than no series at all, right." As a statement of fact, no "in my opinion" disclaimer.

PS - they are WRONG!:x

11. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

This thread should be renamed "What's wrong with simulant37?"

12. Slainmonkey

It sounded like it was said from their opinion in just the tone of how it was said. Chill no harm done, I'm just saying is all.

13. simulant37

Not it shouldn't :x

14. simulant37

Well practice what you preach then I will "Chill" as you put it! :crying:

15. Slainmonkey

You......really don't get my criticism. My point is saying a disagreeing point with others if fine just as long as you don't say that they are "wrong" which I haven't said to anyone, not even you.

16. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

In his defence, you read an implied meaning into another post declaring it an opinion (based on tone and the fact this is a 100% subjective topic), so really you should be able to read into the response to it the same implied meaning of an opinion. Yeah it wasn't necessarily framed in the best way for it, but this is simulant, and the topic is still 100% subjective. "Wrong" would translate to "disagree" on a 100% subjective matter.

Simulant could have framed it less... confrontationally, would perhaps be a good choice of term, but some things will never change, no matter how much we may wish they would, or how much we may try to force them.

17. simulant37

You implied it in your other thread post. FACT. :x

18. Slainmonkey

You have some pretty funny ideas on what you perceive as "implied"

19. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

20. Reznor

Reznor Guest

lol awwwww old man bluey sometimes you crack me up! :P