When will Google update their search?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by DivineVarod, May 24, 2016.

1. DivineVarod

DivineVarod Catering Officer

When you type Red Dwarf in Google the sidebar episode list info still says the series ended in 1999. A bit lazy they don't bother to update things like that.
    Also, I continue to be surprised at the amount of "big fans" who've never heard of X or the upcoming new series (or head of Back to Earth, even) and are completely ecstatic to be told. Are the shows under promoted or do most people live their lives in stasis these days?

2. OurJud

OurJud Deck Sergeant

Dunno about google, but what members of this forum forget is that (outside of this forum) Red Dwarf probably IS under-promoted as you say. I find it hard to believe any fan isn't aware of the new stuff, though. Casual viewers, maybe, but not fans.

3. Strat-tastic

Strat-tastic Flight Co-Ordinator

The few casual fans I've spoken to are aware of at least one new series.

4. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

I find it weird that there are people who like the page on Facebook, or follow the Twitter account, who occasionally ask us if there are going to be new episodes! It's like... did you not SEE the logo?

5. DivineVarod

Very true. I think people just miss a lot more Facebook/Twitter updates then you'd expect. I often posted a review of the recordings and was asked "will there ever be new episodes" about five minutes after.

I have spoken to some very big "Comic Con visiting, I own at least two Starbug models and can quote series 1 to 8" fans who still were not aware of any of the new activity. I noticed Robert and Danny often have these kind of people too. Sometimes I wonder if Internet made people less aware of what's going on instead of more.

It really should be promoted more outside of the community as there seem to be a lot of viewers missing out ...

6. Strat-tastic

I imagine Dave will promote it nearer the time.

7. "Christmas rubbish"

"Christmas rubbish" Flight Co-Ordinator

Will there ever be a series 9?

8. PFMC84

PFMC84 Catering Officer

I'm surprised myself when I look on Twitter and when something from the new series comes up, people post things like "Oh, you're making more?" or "Please being this show back!" only to be met with lots of replies stating there is indeed more episodes on the way.

How do they miss all the information out there?!

9. Callisto252

Callisto252 Supply Officer

I have to admit that Back to Earth completely slipped me by - I'm not sure how, but I didn't have freeview at the time anyway. I found out about Series X completely by accident when I was flicking channels about 3 weeks before transmission. I honestly think that if you're not deliberately looking for it, RD news falls slightly under the radar. I'm always deliberately looking for it now, so of course it seems incredible to me that anyone could possibly miss it!

10. DivineVarod

Hopefully better than last time ;-)

11. Strat-tastic

Oh yes. THAT 'launch' shambles :lol:

12. Callisto252

Callisto252 Supply Officer

I heard there was a curry involved. And a cat in a box, or something.