Where to Watch Red Dwarf

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by jedshepherd, Dec 7, 2015.

1. jedshepherd

jedshepherd Console Officer

The front page of this very site did a great feature on where you can stream Red Dwarf.

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2015/12/04/lets-get-digital/

If anyone is like me, I sometimes forget to read the front page as I've bookmarked the forum. So thought it would be handy to have it here for any forum browsers.

It's essentially streaming everywhere though you can't beat VHS. What's your preference?

Jed

2. jedshepherd

jedshepherd Console Officer

oh and if there are any minor differences between any particular format/streaming service, please point them out!

3. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

I have Netflix at the moment but with RD I usually watch the DVDs, and sometimes with the
    commentaries. Although I did watch one episode of series X on the Dave streaming service, but only because I fell asleep ridiculous early on the night it aired.

I choose to no longer pay a TV *license fee though so I'm not sure what I'll do for the new series'. I may watch them round a friend's house, or just stream them on UKTV Play as soon as they've aired. I'll most likely buy the individual downloads again too. Although ideally I would love to be able to pay GrantNaylor directly rather than going through the likes of itunes.

*yes all legal, I genuinely never have my aerial connected and haven't for years now. I do use the online services every now and then though, and buy downloads (and occasional dvds) for shows I like and want to support and see continue. I will of course be buying the upcoming RD dvds. Not only for reasons of support but the special features alone are usually worth the asking price. :-)

4. Sarah

Sarah Console Officer

I've got a couple of seasons on DVD but tend to watch it mostly on Netflix as it easy ,but I had to buy back to earth from Google play as I was really in the mood to watch it that night and it wasn't on Netflixs boo:-D

5. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

I've got all of them on DVD. If an episode happens to be on TV, then I'd watch it, but the adverts get in the way. So I think "sod it, I'll get the DVD out", and end up watching the entire contents of it.

6. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Me to!

7. Curryman

Curryman Deck Sergeant

Same for me.