which holly did u prefer?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by voo7hees, Jul 1, 2009.

1. voo7hees

voo7hees Third Technician

my favouite holly was norman, he suits the first 2 seasons and hattie suits the next 3 but if norman was in all the them it would have been better, and why did norman get replaced by hattie.

2. Red_Dwarf_Heroes_Lost_Fan

Red_Dwarf_Heroes_Lost_Fan Supply Officer

3,000,000 years into deep space. (otherwise, Dubli
    I prefered Norman, but Hattie was very good aswell.

3. Baxters_Hooch

Baxters_Hooch Supply Officer

I think Norman chose to leave. Anyway, I think they're both excellent, but I prefer Hattie's Holly by a tiny margin! Norman's dead-pan delivery is always hilarious, I just love the way Hattie plays the character, that air of cluelessness!

4. goldy_T_O_T

goldy_T_O_T Deck Sergeant

Ont Canada eating cat nip and drinking Milk
    Same here.

5. jeremy

jeremy Catering Officer

I also prefer Norman but I think Hattie is also good.

6. Angelic_Storm

Angelic_Storm Catering Officer

This.

Though it is funny to think, that the character actually is the same. Only the face and voice is different! lol

I think Norman's Holly was funnier, but Hattie's seemed much more like you would expect the ship's computer to be like. Both brought different things to the role, and Hattie definitely made the role her own. Norm's made me laugh more, which is why I prefer his Holly. Both are great though.

7. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

Holly "What face?"
    Hilly "Oh no, who woke him up?"
    I love them both

8. adorabelle

adorabelle Console Officer

I like them both, this is really tough, but at a push I would say Norm's Holly, just because he made me laugh out loud more.

9. Daniel

Daniel Console Officer

Probably a result of Holly being a more prominent character back in series 1 and 2. She was still a big character in series 3 of course, declining through 4 and 5 (even White Hole she was sidelined quite quickly with her turn-off and everything), but during Norman's days Holly had that bigger role with more scope to do things.

Maybe that would have changed had Hattie done what Norman did and whinged until he got his way with some things (like having his face on screen, that football behind the scenes, etc)

10. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I never liked Hattie as Holly, but then I only liked Norman in series 1 and 2. In 7 and 8 I thought the character was somewhat pointless.

11. Yule Sleigher

Yule Sleigher Console Officer

I'll go with Norman. It may be because he had more opportunities without Kryten being around. Hattie was great, but they over-did the idea of Holly being a bit thick with Hattie. With Norman it was more that he was a bit eccentric. Kryten stole Hattie's opportunities a bit which is a shame. I always thought it odd that a sanitation droid should know so much about science and, well, everything else.