Which previous stories would you want to conclude?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by buelljack, Dec 6, 2010.

1. buelljack

buelljack Skutter

Assuming DAVE and his minions get into gear and let this be a reality, and we get series 9/10 or 11, or whatever;

Which previous episodes would you like them to reffer back to?

I would love to see them use CGI to superimpose them looking back at the events of previous eisodes, maybe finding a device that allowed them to travel back to a previous event.
    Going back and stealing the Holly Hop drive or something,

2. Cruel Slayer

Cruel Slayer Console Officer

If they really have to shun Red Dwarf tradition, and actually conclude or continue a past story line, I suppose I'd like to see them pick up one of Dave's sons from the parallel universe. The cast are getting older, after all, and Dave is wiser but more wary, while his relationship with a whippersnapper son who hasn't done it all but thinks he knows it all may add some of the old manic energy into the proceedings.

Plus, as they are getting nearer Earth, a denser population of gelfs, simulants and, as many have hoped beyond all hope, cat folk.

I'd even go for them to be on Earth, perhaps helping defend the feline survivors from incursions from barbaric simulants and gelfs. Actually, that's too obvious. But something completely different than we've seen before is always my hope.

3. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

I'd love to see some of the early glimpses of the future come into existance. Lister going back and marrying Kochanski as we saw in Timeslides.....although we are about 10 years past that point now. Some of the Future Echoes coming true. Lister losing his arm and the loss of Bexley. (Although 2 of these 3 should have occured around series VII or so)

But most of all, I would like to see what became of the second Cat Ark. I love the artists designs of the Cat Ark which are on this website...taken from the Cat holy book I think.

4. peas_and_korn

peas_and_korn First Technician

Doug Dwarf has had too many callbacks, most notably Polymorph: Emohawk II. Let's just go for new ideas, eh?

5. sanja

sanja Supply Officer

We saw Lister loosing his arm, but many things changed that lead to nanobots making arm again, but I would like to know what happened to Bexley

6. ori-STUDFARM

ori-STUDFARM Supply Officer

I meant seeing an aged Lister with a metal arm. The timelines didn't go that way....at least yet.

TBH, I just see it as the crew have somehow skipped off the set timeline somewhere along the way and are in unchartered territory. Be nice if something like this was explained in an episode as a reason of why these glimpses of the future didn't come true.

But I'm not that bothered....continuity was never Dwarf's strong point. I'll just be happy with more Dwarf.:?

7. aceduder

aceduder Catering Officer

Not so much a story I want to see concluded but what I always thought was an opportunity missed!
    In series 6 during Rimmerworld when they use the teleporter and accidentaly transport back to "A week last thursday" I think it would have been great if this scene had been in a previous episode! It would have been a great "What the smeg was that?" moment!!

8. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

There's a pre-made set-up absolutely crying out for this to be done: It's called Stasis Leak.

(Plus its about time Dwarf plundered an idea from Star Trek instead of the other way around).

9. peas_and_korn

peas_and_korn First Technician

If anything, Voyager was a ripoff of Lost in Space, not Red Dwarf. Besides, the story of 'finding your way home' has a *lot* of precedent- Sliders?

10. Cruel Slayer

Cruel Slayer Console Officer

The Odyssey

11. bedfordfalls

Or The Littlest Hobo...but then he wasn't a Spaceship millions of years from Earth either...unlike Voyager...and Red Dwarf

I also don't recall Lost in Space having a ship's hologram...unlike Voyager...and Red Dwarf :P

12. bedfordfalls

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/norfolk/hi/tv_and_radio/newsid_8005000/8005708.stm

Deb Lister seems to still be on good terms with the crew from these pictures taken only a year ago :-)

13. kellyofsmeg

kellyofsmeg Skutter

Ditto on wanting to see Jim and Bexley again! I saw several tweets to Doug as well awhile back of people wanting the same thing :-)

14. bedfordfalls

I can't say I've ever seen the appeal of seeing Jim and Bexley again.

15. backtoreality

backtoreality Supply Officer

Lister coming across and trying to rescue his own dimensions Kochanski (ie Clare Grogan) with the help of the other dimensions Kochanski...

I wouldn't mind Jim and Bex in an episode

Holly obviously

Hilly if possible

Petersen

Ace

And lots more new characters and versions of the existing crew to fall in love with

16. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

I'd like to see that more concerning the cat race. Particularly that ark that flew on...

17. backtoreality

backtoreality Supply Officer

Oh wow that would be cool if they bumped into them alright!

18. kochanskitis

kochanskitis Third Technician

Two things i'd really like to see are:

The Cat Ark: What happened to the second ark. Hopefully it would also give us a chance to see Danny getting to stretch the cat's characterisation slightly.

Search for Kochanskis: To me always at the soul of the character of Lister. In the words of Kryten "It's your ambition, sir, somehow to get her back and lie on top of her and move up and down rapidly in that curious way that humans find so agreeable." Thought the ending of BTE breathed life back into Lister, giving him purpose once more. If he backslides in trying to get her back i'd be very disappointed.

On a final note i hope that Doug uses this series(if it happens) to provide an ending that could spawn future adventures(if commissioned) but also provides a fitting ending if these 6 episodes are to be the swansong.

19. menacexp

menacexp Second Technician

i think they should film the episode where they find a girl cat...not only that but i think they should have another ace rimmer episode, FOR SURE! Maybe do a flash back episode from the novel of how lister came to work on Red Dwarf...i think that would be awesome!

20. Smegged

Smegged First Technician

Really the only "loose end" I'd like to see resolved is what happened at the end of Series VIII. A Series VII style intro by Lister explaining how things unfolded(perhaps by Duke himself this time?) would be a good kick off for a new series.

I think an interesting angle to explore would be the aforementioned "Cat Ark". No need to introduce more Cats, but stumbling across the Ark and seeing how cats lived, etc., would be interesting. We do know that wanted to do a Cat-centric episode at one point.