Which RD cast wont send each other xmas cards?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by Ant E, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

Do you thiiink?

2. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

Dunno about the cast but I'd bet Rob and Doug won't send each other one in case its considered a joint writing effort.

Maybe in the spirit of Goodwill To All Men (TM) they can finally reveal to us what happened when the crew met the Pan-Dimiensional Liquid Beast from the Mogydon Cluster (and whether or not it broke their "no aliens" rule.

3. Baxters_Hooch

Baxters_Hooch Supply Officer

The beast was probably a GELF, and the Mogydon Cluster, rather than a star cluster, was probably an industrial estate...

I imagine everyone will card each other apart from Norman. They're all good friends now.

4. SixthDwarfer

SixthDwarfer Supply Officer

I think Doug and Rob will send each other a card as they seem to be on good terms still, seeing as they both got back together to write some stuff for 'Bodysnatcher'.

I think the 'Smeg Up' tape reveals that Kryten always gets a christmas card from one of the vending machines too.

5. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

I hope Doug doesn't send Norman one!!! He deserves a lump of coal this year!!!!

6. bedfordfalls

bedfordfalls Deck Sergeant

I honestly don't see any cast falling out with Norm over his comments, even the ones that get personal. They know what he's like and seem to enjoy it if the DVD commentaries are anything to go by.

As for Rob and Doug, did they really "get together" to finish bodysnatcher. I thought I read that it was all done via correspondance (and presumably made Rob some money in the process).

7. Andrew

Andrew Executive Officer

The process was by email, indeed. But they still collaborated. That is, after all, how Elton and Curtis write Blackadder - handing drafts back and forth. It's still 'getting together', and remember they then hooked up to record the commentaries.

Rob'd make money off a Dwarf DVD regardless of whether he worked on one piece of bonus content. Believe me when I say the motive for completing Bodysnatcher was not financial. I'm not sure the production did any more than cover his travel costs to the recordings!

8. stevenrankin

stevenrankin Third Technician

what a sad topic just before christmas lets all guess what actors dont like each other enough to send a card, this topic is stupid and is just not nice. I think a better topic would be. what would a red dwarf xmas card be like. would it have starbug instead of reindeer carrying santa and his sleigh. or reindeer carrying starbug. what about santa in the cargo bay or worse denied entry to the cargo bay.

why is it everyone assumes Santa only gives gifts to earths children on xmas day. what if he has to travel the whole universe to give people presents.

9. Baxters_Hooch

Baxters_Hooch Supply Officer

He'd probably use the Dwarf rather than the Bug... it is red after all, and has a lot more storage space!! He'd do it up for the occasion... flashing lights, maybe paint the front to look like his hat...

10. Freeborn

Freeborn Flight Co-Ordinator

11. SixthDwarfer

SixthDwarfer Supply Officer

Ah but Starbug by 'Nanarchy' had had its cargo bay expanded by 212% and its speed increased by 300%.

12. peas_and_korn

peas_and_korn First Technician

Norman Lovett sends a christmas card to the makers of xanax,