Which Rimmer will be in series X?

Discussion in 'RED DWARF UNIVERSE' started by starlight84uk, Jun 7, 2012.

1. starlight84uk

starlight84uk Third Technician

Sorry if this has been discussed before.
    I was wondering which version of Rimmer will be in the new series? Do you think series VIII Rimmer dies? Does series 1-7 Rimmer come back, having failed as Ace?

On another note, is Kochanski gone (as in BTE events) or does she get back to her own dimension?

2. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Any of those lucky enough to have seen the recordings will gladly tell you ALL about every single aspect of the new series, will tell you about plotlines, costumes, make up, guest stars etc etc.

This would of course see the perpetrators be SHUNNED and villefied in such terrible ways and could seriously harm the idea of a new Series being made after this.

In short. What you've asked would be considered Spoilerish :-)

Welcome to reddwarf.co.uk :-)

3. Cruel Slayer

Cruel Slayer Console Officer

In short, no-one knows who hasn't been to a recording, and they wouldn't say. And in all likelihood it's probably not revealed, as it doesn't really need to be. Also, sarcastic answers such as the one above are the norm here, so please don't be scared off by them.;-)

EDIT Kochanski's fate is unknown at this time.

4. simulant37

simulant37 Science Officer

Does it matter?!? I think as long as we have the classic quartet of characters what has gone before in terms of their personal bio is largely irrelevant, unless it is funny. Explaining which Rimmer we get this time round would not be funny.

5. Number_58

Number_58 Second Technician

https://twitter.com/DougRDNaylor/statuses/167205295351799809

:-D

6. Cruel Slayer

Cruel Slayer Console Officer

Marvellous! :-D I look forward to finding out, although I hadn't previously thought much about it.

7. KingR76

KingR76 Deck Sergeant

Sarcastic? Moi? Nev- oh, go on then :-) lol.

8. starlight84uk

starlight84uk Third Technician

Sorry if I gave the impression that I was fishing for info. I was just wondering what people think/would want to happen. I don't want to know spoilers - I want everything to be a surprise.
    But I am glad to hear that we will find out. :-)
    Signing off.

9. codename_47

codename_47 First Technician

There's a chance those that have been to the recording don't know either....

IE it doesn't come up in the way that it didn't in Back to Earth

Or it does come up but it was filmed away from the audience recordings and kept from them

Or they all got Men In Black style mind zapped on their way out....

10. CobwebSoup

CobwebSoup Skutter

It will be the Rimmer from the first seven series. I can't remember where I read it, but Doug Naylor heavily hinted in some interview that the Rimmer in Back To Earth was the original Rimmer (the one that became Ace.) I'd love it if they explained that in the new series though, I didn't like how they brought in new Rimmer instead of old Rimmer.

11. RECTUMfacedPYGMY

RECTUMfacedPYGMY Catering Officer

What happend to the new Rimmer then? i really liked him.

12. Shroud

Shroud Console Officer

I really hope it is the 1-7 Rimmer. It always bummed me out that in 8 it wasn't the same Rimmer. The same one that was with them through all the adventures, the one who was on the holoshop, who tried to save the day in out of time, who ruined the game of better than life, The one who was Billy Doyle and dangerous Dan McGrew. I hope it isnt the series 8 one who I always associate with hamming it up, awful salute gags and some nonsense about a dinosaur.

13. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

If you can't remember where you read it, and you haven't got a link, it's probably best not to say it. Because I'm fairly sure Doug hasn't said any such thing - in fact, he hasn't confirmed it one way or the other. At the last Dimension Jump, he intimated that it wasn't really considered important exactly which "version" of Rimmer was in Back to Earth - as far as he was concerned, it's just Rimmer.

Furthermore, if you weren't at all the episode recordings, you probably shouldn't make definitive-sounding statements like "It will b the Rimmer from the first seven series". Because you don't actually *know*.

14. daleb1992

daleb1992 Skutter

Hey im new here, but have been following topics on the forum for some time now, If you listen to the bte commentary he gives a pretty massive hint as to which rimmer it is... Id go as far to say it almost confirms which version of rimmer it is, Wouldn't want to spoil it for other people so you'll have to see for yourself..

15. Mardroid

Mardroid Console Officer

Yes, in the BtE commentary Doug does suggest the identity of Rimmer. It is just a suggestion though. Nothing definitive. And he could have changed his mind since then...

I.e. if the explanation isn't there in the show, it's not certain. It was interesting hearing his thoughts though, and I'm glad it appears the question will be answered in the new series.

16. CobwebSoup

CobwebSoup Skutter

"If you can't remember where you read it, and you haven't got a link, it's probably best not to say it. Because I'm fairly sure Doug hasn't said any such thing - in fact, he hasn't confirmed it one way or the other. At the last Dimension Jump, he intimated that it wasn't really considered important exactly which "version" of Rimmer was in Back to Earth - as far as he was concerned, it's just Rimmer.

Furthermore, if you weren't at all the episode recordings, you probably shouldn't make definitive-sounding statements like "It will b the Rimmer from the first seven series". Because you don't actually *know*.[/quote]"

Okay I should have put "in my opinion" at the beginning of my previous comment. As the poster above stated, Doug did make a strong hint to which Rimmer is in Back To Earth/Series X, and it was in the Back To Earth bonus features on the DVD I believe. I'll check Youtube to see if I can find a link.

17. kakchris

kakchris Third Technician

no idea how i ended up on this long dead thread but it's Lived,Died and now it lives again. i watched the Back to earth Directors cut again Today with Doug Commentary and during the last scene with the 4 main cast in the lift Doug Mentions "the man with the H on his head" and says if what the cat said about bringing the Squid aboard then it can only be 1 of 1 person ...