Who doesn't like us, and why not?

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by jmc2000, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Radio Pluto

Radio Pluto First Technician

You should meet me halfway and consider the possibility that I'm not him.

2. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

And you should get a life.

BigOleDummy and Cloud like this.
  3. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

This is not a possibility.

Nikki the Great likes this.
  4. Radio Pluto

I'm afraid it is.

5. Nikki the Great

Then what's your problem with proving it? Either in video like we suggested or on G&T like @Slainmonkey said?

jmc2000 likes this.
  6. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

Don't talk nonsense, Ant.

7. Radio Pluto

Because it's utterly demeaning to have to prove to people you're not someone else. I joined today and look at what's happened, all because this Danny fella has got you all so wound up. I never started this, I'm happy to post and be a part of the forum but you have to drop this because ultimately, it's going to affect everybody else, especially new members. You forget, this is the forum on the official site, if all this got out of hand then they're quite happily pull the plug on it all due to the actions of people who can't be nice to each other.

Now, I suggest, if it's possible, to look at Danny's IP address under his usual username and compare it to his other accounts. You'll likely see a pattern of the same IP address and that's him.

If you look at mine, well, it's markedly different. I haven't registered a username before this one, or visited here in any capacity.

What I won't do is make a video. Why? Well what's to stop you then saying... he's covering his face, it could be him or he got someone else to make the video. You see, it will never solve your worries and concerns over Danny, I genuinely don't believe anything will.

So you will just have to deal with it, or get an admin to block me, delete, whatever is best. I don't overly care about the forum but I did try to quell your fears even though it wasn't my bag and still all this happened.

8. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

@Captain Sloblocks

I can sort of understand your point of principle on proving who you are, but not when you're inviting the mod to look at your login history. That suggests you're quite happy for a test to be made, but only that particular one.

The problem is, the last time we spoke to Danny before it all went south (again!!), he said he was going to move house. So he's probably at a completely new location now, and not where he was when he was using the previous (banned) account.

If you want to prove your bona fides, the method you've proposed more than once would be inconclusive for that reason. If you don't want to prove it on principle, why keep suggesting it?

BigOleDummy and Nikki the Great like this.
  9. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

What?! How dare you :sulk:

10. Nikki the Great

Yep. This. @R.I.P. 2000 is a clever clever man.

11. Radio Pluto

You misunderstand, I don't want to prove it, or need to prove it.

I don't care about you, or Nikki, or anyone else who had a bee in their bonnet about this. What I do care about is how nasty people on web forums can make others anxious and worried and even scared because of their negative actions. If this Danny is who you all said he was, then he's to be avoided and I can understand why you'd wanna get away from him in every capacity.

But never think for a moment that I have to do anything. As far as I'm concerned, you can spend all day wondering who I am, because I know who I am and I don't give a damn if you wanna question that.

So you have a choice, deal with it or keep grumbling on. I've tried to ease the situation but I'm still getting barked at so I'll block Nikki and anyone else who wants to keep at this, because all of you, and this situation doesn't matter to me.

12. Nikki the Great

Out beastly demon, out!

BigOleDummy likes this.
  13. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

It's not my fault if the truth hurts.

BigOleDummy likes this.
  14. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

Consider our perspective, @Captain Sloblocks. We have a current problem with sockpuppets - many of whom chop and change their gender or other biographical details, and make beelines for dispute threads and the unofficial chat. That's why we pay a bit of attention to newbies, and it's why your inconsistent profile and entry into chat raised eyebrows. It didn't help that you freely offered (more than once) a test of your bona fides that the chief suspect would actually pass, and refused other suggestions on principle - which made it look like you were amenable to being tested if you could set the parameters of the experiment, and not otherwise. Nor is it clear why you engaged with us as much as you did, if you really are a new person who didn't lurk or follow the forum before joining.

I can't prove that you're a sockpuppet. No one can, for the reasons I described in my last post. But I don't actually mind who you are, as long as you don't muck around behind the scenes. So, feel free to block me, but please don't post videos containing hundreds of F- and C-bombs, like you did in the thread for episode 12.3.

Nikki the Great and BigOleDummy like this.
  15. BigOleDummy

BigOleDummy Deck Sergeant

Planet Express Hdg, N. America , Earth, Sol System
    Not sure if you have Amish people or not across the pond, if not they 're generally very nice people if you can get them to talk to you. They are very insular and stopped using technology a ways back. Mid 1800's or so, horse and buggy people , no electric etc. The only reason I bring this up is they have a practice called "shunning". If one of them breaks the rules they are shunned. Nobody "see's" them , nobody talks to them, they are just "not there." I , myself am doing that with this person as I feel this person is an imposter and a sockpuppet. Harsh? Maybe, but this persons mere presence is causing disruption and ill ease.
    If I were this person I would not feel at home here and would leave, but that is me. I do not stay where I am not wanted or trusted. Does it not seem like I have written essentially the same words just a week or so ago? Anyway, while I will not use the ignore button for this person, I will not be acknowledging their presence again or replying to this persons posts or threads. If by some miracle this person is not who we think then we may have wronged them but I do not think we have to worry about that. SHUN MODE ENGAGED.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  16. Radio Pluto

I don't have to consider your perspective. If you have a problem with false accounts, then deal with them. Genuine users, especially new users, shouldn't be asked to make videos proving their legitimacy all because a few people are getting the fear over some no mark idiot who weirded them out on a web forum.

17. Nikki the Great

Anyone remember when I was asked to do a video to prove I wasn't Danny? I wasn't even new, but hadn't logged in for years and people were getting worried. I had no problem doing it whatsoever and I'm the most private person in the world lol. It just made everyone's life much easier.

jmc2000 and BigOleDummy like this.
  18. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

Trying to deal with the issue is the very thing we've been doing. The person who sock puppets we have already said has not only moved, but uses proxies. Then in comes you, a person who has been behaving in all his odd trademark manners, and homing in on this very topic........it all seems more then a little suspect. I can't say that you are Danny with 100% certainty, but your suspect behaviour has done nothing but raise eyebrows. Now I can understand not wanting to do the video thing, but given how you've acted....I really don't see how my G&T solution is unreasonable!

Nikki the Great and jmc2000 like this.
  19. Nikki the Great

It's not unreasonable at all. The only reason someone would object to your suggestion, but are quite happy for their ip to be looked at, is if it's someone lying and uses proxies. Ridiculously transparent.

Slainmonkey likes this.
  20. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

I'm going to just leave it here honestly......either I called out sock puppet account or scared off a new member, I hope to dear god it's the former!