Who doesn't like us, and why not?

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by jmc2000, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Radio Pluto

Radio Pluto First Technician

You didn't scare me, although you and others on this forum have creeped me out.

2. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

Bit of an overreaction?

If I joined a forum that I'd never read or paid attention to before, and a gaggle of people cried, "That's him! That's Eric! He's pretending to be someone new! If he ISN'T Eric, he should prove it with a video!" - then I'd be very mildly surprised for about half an hour and then forget about it.

Nikki the Great likes this.
  3. Radio Pluto

Then you suggest I should ignore all of the nonsense then?

4. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

I'm not convinced you aren't Danny's sock puppet, and I maintain you act suspect. However I'm going to drop it here (unless you give me more reason to suspect), and give you the benefit of the doubt.....also you clearly have been warned about something given your current status!

5. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

Probably the video with the expletives.

I made the mistake of playing it on the train, then panicked and started taking screenshots when I was trying to turn the volume down, lol.

Abe and Nikki the Great like this.
  6. Radio Pluto

I was warned about the video I posted, I dunno why, it was the greatest video ever created by man.

7. Slainmonkey

Ohhhhhhh.....yeah.......maybe (a far reaching "maybe")you are new, gotta read those rules and regulations!

8. Radio Pluto

Admittedly, it was rather sweary but that f**king episode got right up my nose.

9. Slainmonkey

Well.....I can agree with you on that, but maybe let's not discuss this outside the episode thread!

10. Radio Pluto

There's no spoilers other than it was a load of piffle and it makes me wanna go hug my Series VIII DVD for the first time in history.

11. Slainmonkey

I.....wouldn't even go that far, I hate series VIII just as much!

12. Radio Pluto

Does Danny like Series VIII? That's the vital question here.

13. Slainmonkey

I have no idea of his taste preferences, so I can't tell you!

14. jmc2000

jmc2000 Deck Sergeant

To summarise the "nonsense", I think you're a sockpuppet because:

- You registered a new account and had the profile set to male and female at different times;

- You made a beeline for the dispute thread and unofficial chatroom, thinking to change the default settings for chat before you entered (suggestive of familiarity);

- When others thought you were a sockpuppet, you were vocally keen for the admin to check your account history - which seemed suspicious (and would certainly be inconclusive) because we know the chief suspect moved house very recently;

- When we suggested stuff you could do that *would* be conclusive, you decided you didn't want to prove you weren't a sockpuppet; and

- You've been surprisingly keen (for someone who declines to settle the matter either way) to engage on this topic, if you really are a brand new person who didn't even lurk before joining (see previous post).

EDIT: Also, when someone referred to asking the chief suspect something in chat - referring to him by name - you chipped in with, "Asked me what?" Maybe you were acknowledging the fact that the question was for you (since people had voiced their suspicions), but it doesn't look great in light of other oddities.

If you really are new, your options are a) not caring what a couple of us think (which is a respectable choice!) and b) doing something simple to prove you're not a sockpuppet.

If you're not new, your options are a) going away, or b) registering a new account that no one will suspect this time, because it doesn't do anything bad or unusual to prompt speculation?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    Nikki the Great likes this.
  15. Radio Pluto

I never said I cared regardless, I just found it all rather remarkable and strange.

16. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I think people would be justified in being hostile to that. It's not cute - it's hideously ugly and disturbing.

BigOleDummy, Ant E and Paul Taylor like this.
  17. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

Everyone on the forum is beautiful in their own way

Pembers likes this.
  18. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

This is a good summary. My own personal summary would be:

Danny is being halloween themed and everyone is scared.

BigOleDummy and Cloud like this.
  19. Seb

Seb Captain Staff Member

Okay, let's try and keep things in the spirit of good faith assumption that I hoped we were moving towards earlier in the thread: and until Captain Slobocks does something to seriously suggest they're out to make trouble, let's lay off the sockpuppet accusations. I can see why there's suspicion around the place and it's not the first time something like this has happened recently; but equally, we don't want to scare off possible legitimate new users by immediately jumping on anyone who shows up.

At the same time, though, CS: you're definitely going to have to watch the language. Not just the video you got warned for, but also several examples I've seen of self-censored swearing. It basically means the same thing if you type the word but just put a single asterisk in, so... don't. Cheers.

20. Radio Pluto

Can I be Radio Pluto though as requested?