Who doesn't like us, and why not?

Discussion in 'THE AIGBURTH ARMS' started by jmc2000, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Ant E

Ant E Flight Co-Ordinator

im insulted

2. Nikki the Great

Nikki the Great Console Officer

It's Paul Taylor. He's using a halloween name.

3. Nikki the Great

Now see, I don't think "cliquey" is a right or fair assessment. This is something I've found in many places, people will accuse a certain group of friends (not even a group I'm part of) in an environment of being cliquey...without actually bothering to try to get to know them. They just slap the label on them and that's it. Then they'll sit there and stew for ages, become all bitter towards these people, who will be completely oblivious that these others are sitting around seething, til these others explode.

Sure there is a circle of us who know and like each other, and we're friends off the forum too so of course our interactions will be a little more pally towards each other than strangers. That's quite normal. We're not exclusive though - look at people like @Abe but more Halloween themed and @Zombie Smurf for example. They were completely new to the forum recently, but came and talked to us and bothered to get to know us, and now they're part of our friendship circle. Not through any kinda weird initiation, they just interacted and got the same back and now we're friends.

Some people have different tastes in people/what makes a good forum contribution too. There's been some Ant hate for example, but to me he's one of the funniest people I've ever encountered. Some of you liked Freeborn for example, whereas I didn't. That's just how the world works.

I think it should be noted though, that rarely did Freeborn and his friends get any stick for making THEIR inside-jokes (beard bells anyone?), sometimes derailing entire threads with it. But you're expressing anger towards Thomas the tank engine? Really? You yourself derail loads of threads to talk about horror, despite having millions of threads on the topic. My sig is a quote from you, does that also count as an inside joke?

I do maintain I haven't said anything in chat about someone that I wouldn't say to someone's face. I might use less expletives here to describe Harry for example, than I might in chat, should he ever come up in conversation. But I wouldn't deny talking badly of him. But I have said that openly on here many times and the reasons why. Anyone I dislike on here knows I dislike them lol.

We always say anyone is welcome to join the chatroom that WE MADE FOR EVERYONE. We bump it and ask people to join us. We don't NEED to do that, as we all talk off forum anyway. Think about it.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    BigOleDummy, Pembers, jmc2000 and 2 others like this.
  4. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

I agree with what @Pumpkinikki thinks of this

Pembers, Abe and Nikki the Great like this.
  5. Ant E

No idea who that is. Sounds rude

BigOleDummy and Cloud like this.
  6. Slainmonkey

Slainmonkey Deck Sergeant

I don't know him hugely well, but I know he likes Lemurs a lot.....but I'm pretty sure that information is of no help!

7. Nikki the Great

I saw lemurs at the zoo with @Dismembers and @R.I.P. 2000 once. One was openly rubbing his balls on a tree, balls in full view and everything. True story.

jmc2000 and Abe like this.
  8. neilold

neilold Flight Co-Ordinator

That's just my opinion, others disagree with me, and that's cool

9. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

Yeah and the Lemurs were behaving even worse.

10. Nikki the Great

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Abe likes this.
  11. Slainmonkey

People might not agree with you, but at last you have a great Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 quote in your sig!

12. Pembers

Pembers Deck Sergeant

As we are airing grievances I don't think Mr @squeal mold's signature is appropriate for this forum.

Nikki the Great likes this.
  13. Cloud

Cloud Console Officer

I agree with this

BigOleDummy and Nikki the Great like this.
  14. Slainmonkey

Well.......on the bright side it gave fuel to air grievances with me, so isn't that what's truly important?

15. Kittypaws

Kittypaws Flight Co-Ordinator

How could anyone not like me? I'm a super-cute kitty, who worships the Sacred Scratching Post, and never uses claws.
    :-)

BigOleDummy likes this.
  16. Slainmonkey

I dunno, some folks can be pretty anti-furry!

17. Bluey

Bluey Science Officer

I hate everybody.
    Yes, Ant E and Anti Everything are the same person. You're not the only one to put him on ignore, but I really don't think he's all that bad.

BigOleDummy, jmc2000 and Abe like this.
  18. Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor Console Officer

It's not that I think he's bad. It's just the constant stream of negativity. I probably won't be on the forum for long after the series finishes, and I intend to enjoy it. I'm sure Ant E is hilarious when you get to know him, but I don't have the time. If the forum were still without an ignore function, I'd use the one installed in my brain anyway; I've learned a thing or two on forums over the years.

19. Ant E

Ah so another lurker sticking their beak in!

Sounds like you’re just craving attention you old bore! You talk as if you are on your death bed.

Although no one can surely help but notice the total irony of this individual complaining about “negativity” (Bluey escapes the block button?!!) via the mediu of negativity!?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  20. Ant E

Errr how do you know who has put me on ignore?